COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's a serious question, then yes.
It was actually. I presumed if you could get it through eye ducts, you could pass it on the same way. I presume if you're on your own, you don't need to bin the tissue and wash your hands...

Noticed quite a few people walking around on Chapman Street in Gorton this morning when heading home after walking the dog. Sadly, most seemed elderly. Now I get that some may have to go to the shops, etc, if they have nobody else to do it but I think there’s also an element of stubbornness amongst some (not all) of our elderly population, and it’s not just some of the younger ones who aren’t following the advice.
caught my neighbour on his way out the other day, i said where you off to you shouldnt realy be off out, he was going to get a hinge for his shed door, the same door he's not opend for two years

I’ve never suggested it is. I was simply replying to Denis who wanted to know my source as he’d not heard it on Sky news.

I don't watch Sky
Any of it
I buy several newspapers and watch the BBC.
Only ever seen it mentioned on here.

Noticed quite a few people walking around on Chapman Street in Gorton this morning when heading home after walking the dog. Sadly, most seemed elderly. Now I get that some may have to go to the shops, etc, if they have nobody else to do it but I think there’s also an element of stubbornness amongst some (not all) of our elderly population, and it’s not just some of the younger ones who aren’t following the advice.

I take my dog out for exercise every day round where I live.
Last I read the govt recommended it for exercise.

There is a guy who has recovered on sky saying he went to wembley with the symptoms,he ended up in hospital with COVID,you can't spread it at a game though....

According to your figures then, 26m get flu each each (going off the 0.1% fatality rate). That doesn’t seem right. I’ve only knowingly had it once in 38 years.

This (first google link - Oxford University) says 600 die of Flu in the U.K. each year.

https://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/vk/influenza-flu

That’s a massive disparity.
Depends on the severity of the flu virus.
On average 17,000 die from flu each year in the UK.
In 2015 it was 25,000
In 2018 it was 1,605
https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-compare-influenza/
Swine flu in 2008/2009 was caught by lots of people but it didn't kill more than in an average year.
Note: 228,000 died during Spanish flu in the UK. This is the roughly number we are looking at if we do nothing.

Although the flu clearly isn't as bad as Covid, I do wonder now looking back if we'd have had a few scary years or not if we didn't have both vaccines and treatments for the flu.

I’ve never suggested it is. I was simply replying to Denis who wanted to know my source as he’d not heard it on Sky news.
I don't doubt that is the level of lockdown when outbreaks occur. Likewise, I don't doubt that the CPP are lying about the number cases and deaths they have had. Both are much higher than published.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.