COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know much about the volunteering?

I teach, have to do 2/3 days in school at the moment with essential worker’s kids, and have to be contactable until Friday morning but can you give a day to the NHS? Does it specify?
I'd advise caution: you're in closer daily contact with people than most. You could transmit to the NHS or bring back from the NHS and transmit to the children then onto parents etc and the whole thing escalates. I know school pupil numbers are generally low (we had 17 in Monday which dwindled rapidly to 6 then two as the week progressed) but we have to do absolutely everything we can to minimise "cross-contamination". But I understand your dilemma. If you know you've already had it, then that's a different matter of course: volunteer away.

don’t worry mate, Boris could find a cure and vaccine in the next week and people will still criticise him for not finding it sooner.
The only thing I'm sure of is that Boris will not find either cure or vaccine. He might get lucky if someone else finds it.

Exactly this.

Whether Boris has backed the right horses will come out in due course.

As it stands my gut feeling is that our government has done as well as any other. Yes maybe the shut down should have been earlier in my far from expert opinion. Apart from that and of course an alarming amount of suggestions that vital gear is not getting to the Drs and nurses must be of concern. Seems most other countries are in the same boat there other than the likes of China, Japan, S Korea.

I am amazed that I find myself defending anything Tory but the mad thing is they are fucked either way. If the deaths are low then rather than praise the government they will get ripped to shreds for over reacting and destroying the economy for nothing.

If we get hit hard then they will be screwed for not moving fast enough and causing 10s of thousands of deaths.
I don't think anyone will blame them for destroying the economy if deaths are low (if wrecking the economy is the reason why deaths are low). If deaths are high, their actions in delaying lockdown and then only having a pretend lockdown will be an issue.

The UK death rate per case requiring medical intervention is fucking horrendous.
The acceleration in the death rate is also horrendous. I had hoped yesterday's figures were a blip. Now I am hoping today's are as well. Carry on accelerating like this and it would be carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.