COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have a clue if it's helping though.

Do you know who does? The people with all the figures about testing numbers, hospitalisations, ICU bed capacity etc.
What has t he last bit got to do with the prediction on death rates? That is about capacity,i dont think it helps telling the public wildly different death prediction figures,so far they are only testing mostly hospital admissions,the rates of infections in the rest of the population and deaths rates not recorded as the virus could be any number

It's really hard to tell given how many people have been very, very ill at home but still recovered without ever being tested. Seems only the most extreme cases are getting tested.

The acceleration in the death rate is also horrendous. I had hoped yesterday's figures were a blip. Now I am hoping today's are as well. Carry on accelerating like this and it would be carnage.
We simply don't know enough to make a proper factual judgement.
We know people are only tested in the UK if they require medical intervention due to various criteria - but mainly if you are pretty sick. We do not know how many of these are admitted to hospital though.
We do know that in Wuhan 20% of those admitted to hospital died and this figure is lower in Korea and Japan but still 15%.
Go back 3 weeks in new cases (and on average) it takes 21 days to die elsewhere in the world (from becoming ill), then and we're looking at 30-40% of new cases dying - not those hospitalised!!! But if the figures are this bad with proficient ICU care, goodness knows how bad they will be when we become really stretched.
Of course if patients are dying quicker in the UK due to age/underlying health conditions, then any sort of comparative figures are totally screwed.
Basically we dont know enough Information.

Last edited:
Stay safe BB and all the best for your family.It truly must be so worrying for people like yourself with such a very limited amount of ventilators are available.
Oakie.

He’ll be able to use yours you won’t last long:)

Joking m8 you’ll come into a high category so take all precautions available

Still a fair few repatriation flights I think plus cargo.
Still, does seem like a lot doesn’t it.
I'd like to see a comparison with the States. It certainly looks a lot more crowded over the USA but a lot are private jets.

It's really frightening that there are already restrictions on ventilators in relation to age in the UK
Italy have send us open letters from the start,they have begged us to change course,they said we would be them if we didn't,they have been taking ventilators off the older ones to give to the younger ones,a priest gave his to a young patient to save his life,he died god bless him

This next week is going to be awful the figures are going to rocket and alot of us will probably end up knowing someone who dies from this.

It saddens and angers me when I keep reading this stuff coming out of the UK and find it really hard to even try and explain it my 14 year old who follows the Uk and Portuguese rolling news on this. I genuinely don’t even know where to begin with the explanation of this behaviour - there just isn’t any comparables I can show him and I’ve been here for 15 years and 32 years in UK -

A 14-year-old boy has been charged after a 66-year-old woman was coughed on and spat at in Tameside, Greater Manchester.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been charged with one count of section 39 assault and will appear at Tameside youth ourt on April 7, Greater Manchester police said.

Officers were called just before 8.30pm on 17 March to a report that a boy had been coughing and shouting “coronavirus” at a woman in Ashton-under-Lyne town centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.