Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

I imagine All clubs will do this if season cancelled.
People who are worried about the direct debit coming out, it's easy! Cancel it now. I'm sure they won't chase you currently.
Not that simple as you could lose your place for next season if you take the decision to cancel this seasons payments

I’m seriously considering cancelling the direct debit today before they try to take it next week I’ve got other things I need the the money for now and I honestly don’t think we’ll be seeing football for quite some time

Perhaps a better solution would be to approach seasoncard holders and ask them what they want to do? I am very lucky, I can afford three season cards so would carry on paying for mine, my grown up daughter and the lad. But I think that it would be entirely appropriate for the club to check who is in the same position and for those that aren't, postpone the DD until the season restarts or refund money to those that have paid if it gets cancelled. Wouldn't be that hard to administer this. As a side note, when football restarts grounds will be packed to the rafters, social isolation will engender a desire to get out and about, seasoncard waiting lists will grow like nobody's business and the clubs will be well aware of this.

Do you think? I was thinking the grounds may be sparse for a long time, except for the cult.
I hope you’re right though.
I agree that City should suspend the April DD but not cancel it. Once we get a decision then either take it when the season recommences or refund the balance already paid.

Do you think? I was thinking the grounds may be sparse for a long time, except for the cult.
I hope you’re right though.
I agree that City should suspend the April DD but not cancel it. Once we get a decision then either take it when the season recommences or refund the balance already paid.
I'm with you, I think there will be half empty stadiums. Some people will have either lost their job or gone into serious financial trouble, so won't spunk a grand on a season ticket. Other's will realise that football isn't all that any more and can find other thinks to do that don't cost the earth. How many people on here were talking about jacking it in before this happened, due to VAR and the greed and corruption. I think this with be the final nail for some.

I'm with you, I think there will be half empty stadiums. Some people will have either lost their job or gone into serious financial trouble, so won't spunk a grand on a season ticket. Other's will realise that football isn't all that any more and can find other thinks to do that don't cost the earth. How many people on here were talking about jacking it in before this happened, due to VAR and the greed and corruption. I think this with be the final nail for some.

yep. Football isn’t a priority for most now. People are losing jobs and will be worried about being In a stadium with thousands of others.

not to mention we have a lot of older fans. 70 and above. I wouldn’t want my grandma for example risking it.

the club have to look at themselves here. Do they carry on concentrating on money or do they for instance drastically reduce season ticket and match day prices and allow thousands of city fans the option of enjoying games (if possible)

They should be helping local teams out aswell. The likes of Oldham and Stockport.

You’re all kidding yourselves if you think that ticket prices / Seasoncards will come down in price. Seasoncards, in particular, sell out each time even with the extra capacity. With the football on display, fans unable to obtain one in previous seasons will gladly snap them up.

You’re all kidding yourselves if you think that ticket prices / Seasoncards will come down in price. Seasoncards, in particular, sell out each time even with the extra capacity. With the football on display, fans unable to obtain one in previous seasons will gladly snap them up.
I bought mine in 2012 a few years after the crash and there was no waiting list. There is a waiting list now I think. Demand will fall off if there is a recession but there will probably be enough people buying. After all the recent price increases I too cannot see the prices going down. I've still not recovered from the 70quid hike of a few years ago for CB3.

I think crowds will drop like the 80s. It will be a huge recession. It's not like the 1940s after the war when people didn't have as much choice in their leisure time. People will be skint, or want to go on holiday, or will just re-evaluate their lives. I also think fans are just fed up with the greed of those running football. I had a quick look at Red Cafe today and most of their fans seem to be slagging the authorities for their callousness as much as we are.
These greedy clubs have destroyed their reputations these past few weeks. People have long memories. It won't just be Weatherspoons and Sports Direct who suffer because of their leaders' greed. I'm keeping my season ticket on for now but expect to see things change.

considering millions could be out of work and lots of people not attending, due to not wanting to sit in a stadium with thousands of other. I don’t think it’s too far out there - to suggest a price decrease

then again your probably right and city will want to rinse the fans and the people who are already struggling financially.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.