COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this interesting. OK sneezing and coughing is obvious but speaking?

I don't wear a mask but when you read that perhaps we all should. Droplets shouldn't be able to penetrate a mask and yet we were told that only health workers need them.

Those in the far east wear a mask for a reason: To stop the wearer spreading a virus.
It is essential for travelling on public transport and work where you have to be closer to your collegues than two meters.
People keep telling me I'm taking rubbish.
The economy can't be restarted without using them, so there will be an announcement in due course.

Last edited:
yes, but still less than yesterday. Other countries are on similar levels as yesterday too. Only if USA explodes later, we might some significant rise in deaths compared to yesterday.

I understand what you are saying and yes if you look at it one way atleast confirmed cases seem down, but I just don’t see any positives in Italy.

they aren’t testing most people, so it’s very difficult to judge if it’s positive news or not. It’s not really going down in significant numbers either.

the south of Italy is seeing more cases/deaths aswell. I know I’m looking at it from a very negative viewpoint though and I should share your view

My lad (my only child) has been living and working in the Czech Republic since 2016. My long time latent anxiety is now kicking in big time, as the government there have intimated they will close their borders for up to 2 years. years if necessary
Separation of loved ones is one of the hardest things to bear with this :-(

I’ve not read anything in regard the EU policy but both of these statements cannot be true

1) Unelected EU bureaucrats making up and imposing laws on people

2) Unelected EU bureaucrats not imposing laws across the board to stop the spread

From what I have seen, individual countries chose to close their borders when they saw fit and the EU are bulk buying medical devices, PPE etc for a more coordinated approach. Something which States in the US are crying out for I.e better buying power and not competing and bidding against each other

Anyway, it makes no odds to us what the EU do or don’t do

Have we got to the bottom of our not joining in with the EU procurement scheme?

2 days ago "The programme, set up by the European Commission, uses the bulk-buying power of the 500 million person single market to get priority for ventilators and protective equipment – which doctors have warned are in short supply in the UK amid a time of extreme global demand. Britain was invited to participate in the EU scheme because it is still in the Brexit transition period and being given the advantages of a member state, but turned the offer down. Downing Street has however offered no coherent explanation for the refusal to join – leading critics to suspect the prime minister's own ideological and political concerns are keeping the UK out."

Now "Downing Street" say they never got the message!

2 days ago "The programme, set up by the European Commission, uses the bulk-buying power of the 500 million person single market to get priority for ventilators and protective equipment – which doctors have warned are in short supply in the UK amid a time of extreme global demand. Britain was invited to participate in the EU scheme because it is still in the Brexit transition period and being given the advantages of a member state, but turned the offer down. Downing Street has however offered no coherent explanation for the refusal to join – leading critics to suspect the prime minister's own ideological and political concerns are keeping the UK out."

One of boris's mistakes,i am sure people would not have shouted brexit at him if he had gone with them on this,going our own way on the whole thing has been stupid

Ambulance outside house this morning as our neighbor was unwell ( not the virus) and needed hospital intervention.
Watching the medics put all the gear on before they entered was an eye opener but what hit home for us was when they took her away, her husband just standing there when the doors closed and she was gone.
Protocol is such that you can't go with them and no visitors, imagine one of your own going this way, not knowing if you will ever see them again.
Definitely brought home the reality of what may be around the corner.
Just glad it wasn't the virus and
hopefully she will be home tomorrow.

We have joined it - just a few days late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.