COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ambulance outside house this morning as our neighbor was unwell ( not the virus) and needed hospital intervention.
Watching the medics put all the gear on before they entered was an eye opener but what hit home for us was when they took her away, her husband just standing there when the doors closed and she was gone.
Protocol is such that you can't go with them and no visitors, imagine one of your own going this way, not knowing if you will ever see them again.
Definitely brought home the reality of what may be around the corner.
Just glad it wasn't the virus and
hopefully she will be home tomorrow.

Me and my sister are going through it now. My dad went into hospital to have two cancerous growths removed from his bowel. He has been in ten days so far as his bowel wasn't waking up. The last couple of days this appears to have happened but they have now found a lesion on his liver, so he has to have a scan on Monday. He was only allowed one visitor which was my mum. They then banned all visitors. It's bloody murder not being able to go and see him and because of this virus we can't see my mother. The one real time they need us we can't be there it is gut wrenching. My sister gets her shopping as she is closer and drives, but avoids contact. I fear lots more will be in the same boat.

Cheers for posting that, fucking hell that's shocking can see why that is so dangerous for the elderly

There's a very worthy comment in there somewhere. It was something like 'whoever the first person was that said this was a cold or flu did the world a major disservice'.

They're right. That has stuck and there are still lots of people calling it the flu even now.

The other completely depressing thing is just how many people are gonna be found dead in their own homes. Absolutely horrifying.

Does anyone seriously think that China has had only 3299 deaths from this?

I'd be amazed if it were only ten times that number as it's far more likely to exceed that.

Unless they had a weaker strand they are absolutely full of shit. I didn't want to go down that road but when you see the numbers everywhere else it is impossible that they got off so lightly in comparison.

There's a very worthy comment in there somewhere. It was something like 'whoever the first person was that said this was a cold or flu did the world a major disservice'.

They're right. That has stuck and there are still lots of people calling it the flu even now.

The other completely depressing thing is just how many people are gonna be found dead in their own homes. Absolutely horrifying.

Yes it lulled lots of people into a false sense of security and many younger and with no major health issues would have thought, " Ahh well if I get it it's just like the flu, I'll shrug it off."

Unless they had a weaker strand they are absolutely full of shit. I didn't want to go down that road but when you see the numbers everywhere else it is impossible that they got off so lightly in comparison.

they are clearly lying about the number of deaths they’ve had. Especially when you consider the amount of people who smoke and have problems with that in China.

They think it makes them look strong and stable, but it’s doing the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.