COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor going to church in Moscow on BBC news:
'We don't need to distance ourselves here because it's impossible to get infected in a holy place'

Jesus.
There's no telling some people. Even over here, in good old Catholic Ireland, the churches have been shut for two weeks now. And no sign of them reopening.

There's no telling some people. Even over here, in good old Catholic Ireland, the churches have been shut for two weeks now. And no sign of them reopening.

Just seems worse hearing a doctor say it though, it is possible to have beliefs and still believe in the science of things. Throwing common sense out the window for beliefs though is just crazy.

Spain are imposing a stricter lockdown from Monday. They’re reducing the number of jobs and sectors that are allowed to work but they haven’t given the list yet. I thought they were already pretty strict but this is now going into only absolutely essential workers can work outside of their hone.

Two of our friends now have it. A married couple, both cops.

I'm guessing this is going to be a serious problem going forward. We've so few emergency responders of any sort these days, and the police are well used to picking up medical emergencies. Also strikes me that they deal extensively dealing with people with low level social problems, drug users and so forth, people who are proportionally less likely to be focused on following the advice.

Wierd interlude before I log off: As I crossed the threshold into sleep last night, I had the briefest flash of a dream, two men in a dusty ground floor room, coughing. I had to leave as quickly as possible. I then had a bit of a sore throat and felt lousy for about 30 minutes. Not as bad as a few nights ago, falling into a dream of watching the numbers go up continuously for the next three months, shocked into waking and the realisation I'd simply taken a glance at my future. I think I'll spend some time before bed tonight visualising sunny days and carefree crowds, Bernado Silva and all.

Me and my sister are going through it now. My dad went into hospital to have two cancerous growths removed from his bowel. He has been in ten days so far as his bowel wasn't waking up. The last couple of days this appears to have happened but they have now found a lesion on his liver, so he has to have a scan on Monday. He was only allowed one visitor which was my mum. They then banned all visitors. It's bloody murder not being able to go and see him and because of this virus we can't see my mother. The one real time they need us we can't be there it is gut wrenching. My sister gets her shopping as she is closer and drives, but avoids contact. I fear lots more will be in the same boat.

Awful to hear, mate. And you're right, loads probably in similar situations. Hoping that everything turns out well for you and your family. Be strong!

You may not mean what I think you mean, but if the underlying conditions are known, and on the patient record, I'd hope any hospital would know about them before treatment. There has been concern about privacy previously but I think the hospital can cite "business reasons" to access your nationally-held medical records, and some of the GDPR have been relaxed in this emergency.
I mean the underlying conditions won't be known. There will be hundreds of thousands of deaths annually, world-wide, that we'll never know the true underlying cause.

The other completely depressing thing is just how many people are gonna be found dead in their own homes. Absolutely horrifying.
That’s a good point that I’ve not seen mentioned. There’s no shortage of people, especially elderly, who don’t have anyone looking out for them. Now that we’re in lockdown there’s less chance of neighbours checking on them. It’s going to be grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.