Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't going to start flattening out until the end of May at the earliest. Then it's going to need 4 weeks for the players to get back to full fitness. So the end of June is absolutely the most optimistic opportunity to restart the season. I'd say there's a 75-80% chance the season is over.

And that's assuming all the teams can fulfill their obligations in the allotted timeframe, if one Premier League team goes in to isolation you've got a big problem, two and it's over.

Discovered something earlier. The company that owns AS Roma is American and one of the main people in that company is called Thomas DiBenedetto. He's a partner in FSG, Liverpool's owner, and was chairman at Roma for a while after the takeover in 2011. The current chairman at Roma is Italian-American James Pallotta. He has no overt connection to FSG but he is a Bostonian and is friendly with the FSG people. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/fsg-viewing-liverpools-champions-league-14538417

The other two owners are Michael Ruane, another Bostonian who is big in real estate and Richard D'Amore, from - you guessed it - Boston.

Liverpool beat Roma in a high-scoring CL Semi Final in 2017/18. They also got Salah from there. Interesting.

I was watching match of the 80s earlier and it showed a game v the rags in 85 I think, anyway as the rags players were heading into the ground, dipper fan/fans sprayed ammonia which covered players and some women.

Next was the 85 or 86 cup final v Everton and yet again it showed dipper fans scaling the walls of Wembley and being hoisted up with makeshift ropes, ticketless and getting in the ground.

But it’s never them, yeah whatever.

Discovered something earlier. The company that owns AS Roma is American and one of the main people in that company is called Thomas DiBenedetto. He's a partner in FSG, Liverpool's owner, and was chairman at Roma for a while after the takeover in 2011. The current chairman at Roma is Italian-American James Pallotta. He has no overt connection to FSG but he is a Bostonian and is friendly with the FSG people. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/fsg-viewing-liverpools-champions-league-14538417

The other two owners are Michael Ruane, another Bostonian who is big in real estate and Richard D'Amore, from - you guessed it - Boston.

Liverpool beat Roma in a high-scoring CL Semi Final in 2017/18. They also got Salah from there. Interesting.

Both Salah and Allison. Napoli's president brought that question up when they sold Allison to Liverpool as he wanted to buy Allison too. He then said it might be that both clubs have same owners.

This isn't going to start flattening out until the end of May at the earliest. Then it's going to need 4 weeks for the players to get back to full fitness. So the end of June is absolutely the most optimistic opportunity to restart the season. I'd say there's a 75-80% chance the season is over.

yeah the writings on the wall now surely!! If they get it going again by mid May then finish by end of June. July off. August preseason with Sept start of next season. It just might be doable.

However if it goes past mid may then theres not enough time to fit it in surely.

Last edited:
I'm actually going to defend the dippers on this point and blame uefa/TV. The dips were leggy as fuck and had been for a couple of weeks as klopps kick and rush long ball tactics were finally starting to take their toll on his miraculously fit squad. I think they would have gladly accepted postponement of this fixture.

but once it wasn't postponed, both them and Atletico had an option to make it at least a game without fans, but they both wanted fans. Guess Liverpool wanted it much more, you know the famous european nights. They deliberately caused a huge risk to public health for a possible gain of winning the football match.

but once it wasn't postponed, both them and Atletico had an option to make it at least a game without fans, but they both wanted fans. Guess Liverpool wanted it much more, you know the famous european nights. They deliberately caused a huge risk to public health for a possible gain of winning the football match.
They were presumably awaiting guidance from the Government at that point. I think it’s a bit shitty to put this on Liverpool. Not the time for petty point-scoring.

They were presumably awaiting guidance from the Government at that point. I think it’s a bit shitty to put this on Liverpool. Not the time for petty point-scoring.

The news reports on a day of the match was - both teams agreed for match to be played with audience. I agree that government was extremely stupid in those days, but both Liverpool and Atletico could have seen what's going on, the virus was all over the europe even then. And definitely highly spread in Madrid. Several CL matches on that very night were played without fans and anyone with half brain was saying that day that 3000 fans coming from pretty infected Madrid was extreme risk.

I can't remember a single word of objection from anyone in official capacity of Liverpool FC. Wolves were talking, LFC did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.