Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Just give the idiots the title if it means they will stay in their houses and not spread the virus. The thong is they'd probably still insist on endangering each others lives and those who had to treat them with a public gathering /celebration. The fucking irony of gathering together to sing YNWA when walking alone is exactly what they need to do will probably be lost on them.
Predictive text?

How does affect players contracts? If the season restarts & goes beyond July 1st, would we be allowed to play Silva without re-registering him? Would free transfers be allowed to play the remainder of the matches, for their new clubs?

If this pandemic was not bad enough.

There is a Comet aptly named C-19 heading towards Earth.

It is not small either, a gaseous Cloud of debris, half the size of the Sun is set to pass by Earth in a close encounter in August.

This Comet will soon be visible in the Sky.

Some are speculating that it might be coming much closer to Earth, than we are being led to believe....

What a year.

Last edited:
The Sky is falling in economically, the next decade will be a financial shit show. The only reference is for what’s coming is 2008, during that time Shiekh Mansour stopped Barclays going bump and made a killing off it, I wonder what he’s got cooking at the moment? I’d say only City and PSG have a business model that may see this out. Astute investors who can spend big, the rest of football is doomed. Happy Sunday

Football is just so unimportant at the moment.

I have a quick scan of the headlines on NewsNow and social media but rarely delve into any detail.

I have long had major contempt for the people that run the game. That contempt merely grows.

The season should have been cancelled by now and they should have been planning ahead on how to start the next one late i.e. in September or October, with contingency plans worked out if they cannot start then.

I think the season should be voided - although I wouldn't expunge personal records. Whilst the destination of the Premier League title was pretty much assured, plenty of other outcomes were not and it has to be all or nothing, so tough for some and lucky for others but shit happens and we've all been hit by tsunami of the brown stuff.
this 100% good post OB . A light is being shone on the true nature of our society , government, businesses and in this case football clubs and owners. Many selfless acts are happening on a day to day basis, NHS and Health care workers, volunteers, transport workers , police , army etc etc the list is endless. I am genuinely moved by the acts of some and their endeavours and then there are others that are the self serving, greedy, idiotic, thoughtless bottom feeding scum that do not deserve our support, our money and the lofty position that some of them have been placed in our society. ( this list is getting longer by the day but does not include the normal dickheads that are behaving as expected )

It’s always been about the money but I guess it’s on another level altogether these days. And I know we’ve, cough cough, splashed a fair bit of it around since 2008 but I seem to have noticed that in all these media reports about discussing when the league should restart, etc, the views of our own club haven’t been documented anywhere. Maybe I’m looking at it through blue tinted specs but perhaps we’re not pushing for any kind of restart due to the severity of the situation and if that means sacrificing the 2 trophies we’re still in with a chance of winning and the one we’ve already won, so be it.
I'm afraid our club is persona non grata. Our modern day achievements have never REALLY been accepted, our style of play although superb at times , record breaking and sublime to watch BUT has labelled boring by jealous critics/pundits. Apart from Arsenal with the jokey 'boring' tag ,( yet still invincibles celebrated to this day) other clubs that have dominate are simply admired and credited with being 'class' . Even last year, it was Liverpool's style of play that was recognised . Granted they won the CL despite losing 4 matches on the way to the final but our Prem League win counted for fuck all and our players derided. Too easy to play well when you have all that money and good players around you . Despite recording very low foul counts and yellow cards , second only to the Dippers, our fouling is now pushed as 'tactical' . Any shit they can throw , they will. The establishment don't want us to do well. They want the old order restored and they will do anything for it to happen. Hack our computer system? Too old to do anything about it, Brick our coaches, couldn't identify anyone, FFP ? lets go again and fuck you over, CAS appeal let's get you banned in the meantime. VAR fantastic 'how many decisions do you want Liverpool? Points in the bag , Prem League just round the corner , along comes Covid 19 BOOM The scrabble to get them over the line is more sickening than Corona and the bodies they are stepping on in the makeshift morgues. Am i surprised our club and owner are not asked for an opinion? NO we are owned by 'oil rich rag heads' whose skin is probably a little too dark.
Pep - a truly first class human being, i weep for your fellow countrymen , wear that yellow ribbon with pride and fuck em

How will mane and Salah get knocked to the ground in the penalty area?
They don't have to be knocked to fall to ground. Even with defenders 2m away they will dramatically collapse with the referee pointing to the spot before they touch the ground with Carragher screeching 'defo penalty. He's entitled to go down. You just cannot go within 2m of our players. It's in the rules of the game. I am suŕe l read something about it the paper '.
So no change really except the extra room will allow us to see the elegance of the dive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.