COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need ventilators NOW. Our country has 8,000, with plans for another 8,000 next week. It's not enough.

Or every household except the 1.5 million gets one, included with a nice little sprinkle of covid, herd immunity sorted.
That's what i was thinking. The postman becomes the super spreader...
(especially if Boris has signed and lip sealed each envelope!)

Or every household except the 1.5 million gets one, included with a nice little sprinkle of covid, herd immunity sorted.
The letter should say on the outside "Leave this on the mat for 24 hours" or "wash your hands after opening"...

I work for Arriva North East. About 2 weeks ago they offered the NHS 90 drivers to help with deliveries & patient transport. Also, offered them the use of mini buses. NHS said no need as had more than enough to cope.

The sister-in-laws' dad works at a factory which has juts been commissioned to make 13'000
That's reassuring. I'm not sure why this isn't covered more clearly in the press. My concern is that we are going to face a serious crunch in the next two weeks. It's one thing for the Govt to say ICU capacity has not been reached in London but that doesn't mean we have ventilators for the patients. It's a horrifying thought and I hope someone gets to the bottom of it in today's briefing.

I'm also begging people, if you can, think about stopping smoking. It makes a huge difference to your body's ability to fight respiritory diseases. Ex-smokers' bodies regain the ability to fight lung and throat infection very rapidly.

I woke up last night realising my young neice could easily be left without her mother (50+), and had to consider what that meant for me. I already know I likely won't see my mother before she dies in the nursing home. Millions of people will be in similair situations. Lockdown for three months is going to be hard as hell, people are struggling to get prescriptions, the loo roll situation has not improved, home delivery of groceries is still over a month away for me. It's time the Govt stepped up with concrete plans, surely some of these things are solvable. I think Boris's letter is a nice gesture, but seriously, it doesn't address anything apart from accept what so many of us knew apparently before he did, that things were going to get worse.

I agree about the WHO. As to whether China's numbers are reliable, who knows. But they would have to be out by a factor of more than 10x - not just a bit out - for them to have not fared better than the rest of the planet.

In 2003 Beijing eventually admitted that the numbers of infections and deaths were 10 times more than they admitted, that was after huge international pressure and being called out by the WHO who also suggested their numbers were a minimum of x10 out to what they were reporting.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2003/apr/21/china.sars

It was ground zero - the rest as you correctly like to say is common sense on the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.