COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue a few weeks ago. Decided in the end to get off social media, switch off sky news completely and stick Netflix/Amazon prime on. Gone through about 7 seasons of The Office (US) and now decided to switch to Ozark. Still managed to get work done in-between.

I'm at a stage where i'll stay informed but not overdo it to an extent where i'm seeing COVID-19 news twenty-four hours a day.
I think that’s important. I’ll read the news and threads throughout the day to keep up and then After my tea it’s off. I’ll watch some film or series and then read a book. No more Coronavirus after 6.

it’s healthy to switch off a little every day

It was stupidity announcing that pubs could trade until the end of the day.
It should have announced in the morning, with immediate effect. (and enforced with police checks)

The problem with that suggestion is legislation. Remember the UK is not a dictatorship.

To be fair, they told pubs and restaurants to close as soon as possible on that Friday evening. You could argue whether stupidity lies with people and businesses who took it as a cue to make the most of it and have a night out, or with government for not knowing about people's stupidity.

that's why I dont have faceshite or any other bollocks
Some posts on here are bollocks. The trouble is the old joke "Are you coming to bed, dear?" "No, there's somebody wrong on the internet" takes on a new gloss when somebody being wrong on the internet can kill you.

To be fair, they told pubs and restaurants to close as soon as possible on that Friday evening. You could argue whether stupidity lies with people and businesses who took it as a cue to make the most of it and have a night out, or with government for not knowing about people's stupidity.
Problem being common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.