COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is yesterday.

https://www.indiatoday.in/mail-toda...-is-breaching-the-lockdown-1660835-2020-03-29

I'd hate to work on the maths but given the circumstances - workers being turfed out of accommodation in cities and needing food - you'd have to calculate that they can (if they are not as stupid as our Friday night revellers and people heading for second homes) isolate more easily in villages. Whether the politicians putting on the buses have made that calculation I know not, but I'm guessing that at this stage any outbreak may be more containable in villages than staying put. It's a guess.

The German government has switched strategy. The German media report they have seen a confidential strategy paper from Germany's Interior Ministry entitled "How to Get Covid-19 Under Control" which emphasises that the most important measure slowing the speed of the coronavirus is "testing and isolating infected people". South Korea did this without a general curfew strategy.

We're struggling to do 7,000 tests a day, whereas the German government wants to ramp their testing up towards 500,000 tests a week. I think at the moment the Germans are using nose swabs and PCR

Unless there's some shortage of supply, or question over quality the news about 5 minutes virus tests could change the way the epidemic is dealt with https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/27/us/15-minute-coronavirus-test/index.html.

Korea targeted their testing forensically at known positives. If you combined a 5 minute test with a forensic approach to where the clusters are and who has had it, it could be dealt with quicker saving lives.

The UK government have taken on Boots, and research institutions to do lengthy tests for health workers well why not scrap it, use the fast kits and put the research institutions in charge of testing clusters?

German minister commits suicide after 'coronavirus crisis worries'

Seem stress got to the guy..

Relative volunteers for Samaritans, and (doesn't usually talk about the calls) says the last session had people calling whose usual support systems (mental health etc) are already crumbling.

ive just been out on a call and there are still lots of cars buzzing about.where are they all going and why

Hahaha my wife still won’t eat beef.
Perhaps one of the oddest things (and maybe a bright spot for business recovery) is that the butcher's shop in Leicestershire where BSE started is still in business! (Pass it every year going to a conference - though maybe not this year...)
Dare I manage an old joke from that era? One cow says to another cow, "Are you worried about mad cow disease?"
Cow two, says, "Not really. I'm a duck."

(Or in our case.... "Not really, I'm off to Wetherspoons")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.