COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of graphs showing how you can show numbers differently. Yesterday’s data

FT one is since 10 deaths

85e9c9e457e6d15366024e8a6dc0425f.jpg

Opros one is from 50 deaths

26fa59486b6d8897c50960a66f19a343.jpg

As you can see we’re tracking below the main European countries that have been hit hardest so far using the bottom one whereas we’re in front of Italy in the top one.
Unfortunately 100 deaths is a better gauge I believe as it’s much more of a leveller.

55yr old consultant has died of the virus at lecister hospital ,ENT consultant

According to NHS England, 15 people died at Barts Health NHS Trust in the City of London and east London - the most in the country.

In England, 190 more people have died in that time after testing positive for coronavirus.

NHS England said they were aged between 39 and 105 and all but four patients - aged between 57 and 87 - had underlying health conditions.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...vid-19-in-the-uk-total-reaches-1-228-11965348

The German government has switched strategy. The German media report they have seen a confidential strategy paper from Germany's Interior Ministry entitled "How to Get Covid-19 Under Control" which emphasises that the most important measure slowing the speed of the coronavirus is "testing and isolating infected people". South Korea did this without a general curfew strategy.

We're struggling to do 7,000 tests a day, whereas the German government wants to ramp their testing up towards 500,000 tests a week. I think at the moment the Germans are using nose swabs and PCR

Unless there's some shortage of supply, or question over quality the news about 5 minutes virus tests could change the way the epidemic is dealt with https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/27/us/15-minute-coronavirus-test/index.html.

Korea targeted their testing forensically at known positives. If you combined a 5 minute test with a forensic approach to where the clusters are and who has had it, it could be dealt with quicker saving lives.

The UK government have taken on Boots, and research institutions to do lengthy tests for health workers well why not scrap it, use the fast kits and put the research institutions in charge of testing clusters?
This is the question I have wanted answered for weeks. Why not replicate South Korea. They have clearly done something different and have better results than anyone else. I don't believe they did anything the WHO haven't recommended from the early days. Test, trace, quarantine and do it on a forensic basis.

Already reading comments from Americans being against any kind of lockdown as they view it as totalitarian.

Has America always been this paranoid or is it a relatively new thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.