Flight cancellations/changes due to Covid19

If you have travel insurance you’ll also be covered.
Easyjet are also being cunts about this.
I had a flight to Venice on March 22nd. As soon as the govt advised against travel Easyjet gave you the facility to get a refund through their app. I got a refund. Since the crisis deepened they have removed the facility and are only offering a change of flight. Customers who do get through on the phone are only being offered vouchers.

My flight to Pisa on 16th of April is still scheduled even though Easyjet are only flying rescue flights and the FO advice is not to fly to Italy.
They’ll probably tell me 24 hours before. I will get it back off my travel insurance.

BA still telling me my flight to Spain is on schedule
KLM did this with my lad he was due to go to Amsterdam this weekend, flight was never cancelled and he tried to get in touch with them but could not, they then sent him a text Friday morning saying the flight was on schedule etc
The flight went ahead as normal from Manchester to Amsterdam, with how many passengers who knows, it most likely was taking Dutch back to Holland,

So it looks like he will get nothing back as the flight left as normal and on time, they obviously will use this to wiggle out of refunding people even though there is no way anyone with half a brain has any intension of traveling to foriegn lands while that country is in lock down for obvious reasons

There is a further complication for the OP.
He didn’t book direct with the airline, he went through a third party, Opodo.
Sec 75 does not always cover you in such circumstances.
It was why Barclaycard refused to intervene in PayPal disputes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.