COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what did Western countries do in January and February? Fiddled while the virus burned.

They thought they'd sit tight and infect the herd. What they should have been doing was develop a testing strategy on the lines of South Korea as advised by the WHO. We can't test our own healthworkers, and we're criticising China?

Have a day off Marvin fs

How do you explain South Korea?

China started to lock down after 20 deaths and around 600 overall cases. I don’t think the west reacted quickly enough, given they can’t lockdown to the extent China can and still left it much longer in the cycle.

I live in an overpopulated London and have to head out every few days to buy essential food. The streets are dead, buses empty etc. People are respecting it.

It’s working in my favour as I’m not spending money. I’m usually out two or three nights a week.

I live in North London and I see the same thing. Even when we go for a walk around the block, if someone is walking towards us, they cross the road.

If someone has sneezed on it, or not washed their hands, is the food safe?
hmmmm don't know,found this though

Q: Is the U.S. food supply safe?

Currently there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19.

Unlike foodborne gastrointestinal (GI) viruses like norovirus and hepatitis A that often make people ill through contaminated food, SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19, is a virus that causes respiratory illness. Foodborne exposure to this virus is not known to be a route of transmission

https://www.fda.gov/food/food-safet...-safety-and-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

all fair points but there seems more cars on the road today than during the week

Fair enough. Maybe a coincidence or people work so at the weekend they can do the things I listed.

I have no idea what is happening in the North West. Down here, it is very quiet and those who do go out and about, in my experience are respecting social distancing.

China started to lock down after 20 deaths and around 600 overall cases. I don’t think the west reacted quickly enough, given they can’t lockdown to the extent China can and still left it much longer in the cycle.
They have locked down in several European countries but it was left late. The UK's testing is shambolic

The number of people to have died after testing positive for coronavirus in Spain has risen by 838 in Spain and another 756 in Italy.

The number of people who have died with coronavirus in Italy accounts for more than a third of all the death from the disease worldwide. The latest rise there is the lowest daily rise in deaths since Wednesday.

The total number of dead in Italy is now 10,779.

In Spain the total has risen to 6,528, with the number of confirmed cases there now at 78,797.

The latest figures show the daily number of coronavirus-linked deaths recorded in Spain has more than doubled since last Sunday, when 394 fatalities were confirmed

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-spain-deaths-rise-by-838-to-6-528-11965262

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.