Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Harry Kane saying that season should be scrapped if not complete by end of June. Article on BBC. Slowly but surely opinion is changing to declare the season null and void.....

I’m not particularly precious about the season in the grand scheme of things given the context of the question with what else is going on. Liverpool have been the best team and deserve to finally win the title, and I’d be disappointed we didn’t get chance to win the CL and FA Cup - but I really can’t see how this season gets finished from here.

If you play in the hypothetical behind closed doors theory it still has loads of holes. Clubs, officials and players have a health and safety call to make themselves regardless of what the league decide - it can’t be dictated to them that they MUST play. Nobody can force anybody to do anything in the middle of a pandemic.

Even if it goes ahead after the political nod, I don’t see how the sport can pull paramedics to the side of 100s of football pitches while the rest of the country fights off a virus and is trying to save the NHS. People point to the money, but the bulk of income in the sport is via TV deals and nobody is getting a refund from Sky for months gone by. Demand is up on In-house entertainment so the main revenue stream into the sport is protected.

The follow up thought is what if you just carry on from this point whenever - the next season can’t start until this one finishes... player contracts will be up at various points in the coming months, not to mention you’ll need to build fitness back up like pre-season, and that’s just as strong an argument as any going the other way. There will be winners and losers in this either way, giving up next season to finish this one is by far the most damaging in terms of overall disruption to the sport. Tier 9/10 is just the start - it’ll work it’s way up and the PL and CL will eventually be cancelled IMO.

Definitely.

Intriguingly the US military has just taken to Cheyenne Mountain.Obviously this is to fight the Corona virus,

If this thing does cause some disruption on Earth just by passing. Earthquakes/flooding etc

Then the fact most of the World is currently on lock down is going to help.

Also If it does have a 6,000 year orbit through Space and back in to our Solar system,It means it was last here 6,000 years ago during the Mayan era.Also around the the time Atlantis was lost to flooding.

Maybe the Mayans were just 8 years out with their prediction.

All speculation on my part.
Remind me if you could the mayans were 8 years out with what,end of the world ?

Can't believe this is still being discussed as anything but voiding the season. Really changing my love for football....think we are being taken for a ride and only now is the road in view with the blindfold falling off our eyes. Sickening.
Spot on every day that goes by more people die and all these cockroaches can think of is getting the scousers over the line and getting some money while they’re at it it’s disgusting!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.