Most underrated player to play for city

Darius Vassell.. Didn't score many for us but always came across as a trier which went down well with me..

Tony Henry, stylish player who struggled to get into the first team back in the day but was pretty decent..

Steve Kinsey, another hard worker, remember him scoring the winner at Blackburn, great times..

Kazimir Deyna, joined us, towards the end of his career. He was a true superstar back then, remember his goal away at Leeds, left us far too soon as did Tommy Caton who found his way into our team as a young teenager..

I'm sure he's already been mentioned and he wasn't with us long but Tommy Hutchison was a fantastic player for us.

A player who most certainly was overlooked by all the big teams back in the day so by definition was a very underrated player.

Seems like a lifetime ago watching these players who all contributed to giving me some unforgettable memories..!

Mark Ward
Scored some cracking goals for us ..that penalty at Anfield where he smashed the ball so hard ( frannie Lee style) it nearly broke the net and took grobbelars face off at the same time ...cue mass celebration in the away end.2-2 final score
The equaliser at Villa park in the away win under Kendall also stands out.
A very consistent player for us who worked extremely hard up and down the left hand side of the pitch,digging in to help the full back and a menace in attacking areas....on his weaker left side.

Dare I say Frank Lampard. Back in the day when the debate was Slippy G or Lamps I generally plumped for Slippy. Naive probably, but due to my own selfish ignorance of not having much interest in seeing anyone else but City play. But that season he was with us opened my eyes to what a Rolls Royce of a player he was. Bit like Gaz Baz I suppose, you have to watch them to appreciate them.

I’ve always been a huge Lampard fan. That many goals from midfield is astonishing. He’s Chelsea’s record goal scorer too.

Dare I say Frank Lampard. Back in the day when the debate was Slippy G or Lamps I generally plumped for Slippy. Naive probably, but due to my own selfish ignorance of not having much interest in seeing anyone else but City play. But that season he was with us opened my eyes to what a Rolls Royce of a player he was. Bit like Gaz Baz I suppose, you have to watch them to appreciate them.
He was always better for England. That's when I generally compared them. Gerrard was very much the highlights reel player. Someone who would burst from midfield, play a hollywood pass, or score a screamer. Lampard just consistently arrived in the box at the perfect time to score and knew which passes to play. He was the far more intelligent player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.