COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a wonderful number! One of the best.

(Unlike all the corona statistics, or the stock market.)

At the broadest level, our minds work in simple ways. He has to show a portion of his base, and himself, that he's winning in some rating, competition, or has the highest score, or something, or they, and he, will get bored.

Yep, spot on.

That's what I think too. Trump messed it up but he's not going to be allowed to mess up now. US state will swing into action when their people are dying. Test and lockdown. UK wont do it. They will. They'll use everything.

They have 140,000 confirmed cases as of right now, possibly ten times that in reality. What do you expect the state to do that can halt an absolute catastrophe there?

They need to throw the orange **** in the sea and crack on without him.

Signed up as an NHS volunteer 10 minutes after hearing the request for them on Tuesday.

Just had an email from them saying they cannot verify my identity.

I uploaded a perfect scan of my passport. I am of course on the Electoral Roll. Paying mortgage on house I've lived in for 15 years. I'm on Companies House website as a director. Served 25 years in the Armed Forces.

if they can't verify my identity then there's going to be lots of others they can't too!

I'm really disappointed tbh. Wanted to chip in & do my bit :(

Have you tried your local council? Not many people realise but a number of councils are delivering food to the vulnerable and checking up on them.

Of course, the Third Sector are helping the vulnerable too. Check this link:

https://www.manchestercommunitycentral.org/covid-19-community-volunteering-0

maybe if we go with the EU buying scheme............................no wait we cut that nose off to spite our face and to show brexit was done..............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52083998

I'm not sure there will be an EU going forward if the Germans and Dutch don't agree to a Marshallesque plan backed by the whole EU to rebuild the EU economy post virus using funds based on common debt.
The virtual summit held on this issue last week was a virtual disaster.

First item in Trump's press conference. Rapid testing. Abbots pharm. 5 minute tests. 50,000 tests coming on line each day.

Deployment of rapid testing is Trump weapon of choice. Immediate testing of health workers. Go into care homes.

Hydroxychloroquine also in use in a 1,100 plus trial in NY. (All brought to you first by marvin I might add)

Blood plasma also in use. Antibodies from healthy recovered people to very sick patients.

Reusing masks - by sterilisation up to 20 times. Close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.