Players you wished had stayed longer

George Weah: Promoted to the PL under Joe Royle and the club signed a fading great who could still score goals. Alas, for some reason they didn’t see “eye to eye” and he ended up leaving rather prematurely. In the end, City got relegated and one of the reasons - as always - was a lack of goals. In my humble opinion, he might have been able to keep the club in the PL.

Keith Curle
Good shout. Him, Andy Hill, Kernaghan, Phelan and Coton - if my memory serves me right - achieved fourth place two seasons on the row under Peter Reid. Once he was sacked it was a downward spiral until the brilliant Joe Royle.

As an aside, I’ll never forget - I’ve forgiven - Graham Taylor for playing Curle at left back at the European Championships. It was the death of what could have been a decent international career.

Good shout. Him, Andy Hill, Kernaghan, Phelan and Coton - if my memory serves me right - achieved fourth place two seasons on the row under Peter Reid. Once he was sacked it was a downward spiral until the brilliant Joe Royle.

As an aside, I’ll never forget - I’ve forgiven - Graham Taylor for playing Curle at left back at the European Championships. It was the death of what could have been a decent international career.

think we came 5th but not sure

Also hated Ferguson. So he had all the qualifications. Quite a bellend in his own way, it has to be said. But he was absolutely the right man in the right place at the right time. Just what we needed at that point. I wonder how a Pep-Carlito relationship would have turned out. Either he would have turned him into a Ballon d'Or level footballer, or it would have been a crockery-throwing divorce within weeks.
I think it would have worked out quite well. It’s no secret that he likes his forwards to press and I can’t think of a better striker than him when it comes to harrying defenders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.