UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you find it odd that there's no denials against involvement, only a quote from Sheffield United saying they had bigger fish to fry, rather than get involved in any unnecessary nonsense.

Difficult to know exactly what happened and I suspect we will never find out. I thought City had challenged Arsenal on this and they denied they were the instigators? I still believe that the top English clubs at the end of the day have relatively little influence with UEFA - Real, Barca and Bayern call the shots.

Someone asked the question, do we have to abide by EU Law in respect to football once we leave. I'd say hell yes.
At the moment we have to abide by the decisions of the ECJ but that will change when the transition period ends. In the matter of City's "difference" with UEFA this will make no difference because competition law in the UK will still be identical to that in the EU. I suspect City will go through the ECJ but a case against the letter writers might have to be filed in the UK.

Difficult to know exactly what happened and I suspect we will never find out. I thought City had challenged Arsenal on this and they denied they were the instigators? I still believe that the top English clubs at the end of the day have relatively little influence with UEFA - Real, Barca and Bayern call the shots.
Apparently the letters were sent to solicitors, to be forwarded to CAS. Why they think this should have a legal bearing baffles me, but I think it was more for effect, & to show anyone paying attention that it'a not just Europe who are pissed off at City's threat.

Arsenal saying they'll reply to any accusations from City personally, isn't the telling part, it's Sheffield Utd saying they didn't want to be involved. That in itself is an admission there is truth in the stories.

I know clubs like ManUre, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chavs etc hate the fact City have smashed the Sky Four Cartel, but even I'm shocked they'd display their utter hatred of us, so blatantly.

How do you personally feel about the situation, as a fan of a former Sky Four Club? City have had nothing to lose in my lifetime, until recently, so I don't know how I'd feel about Arsenal, ManUre, Chavs or LFC if the situations were reversed.

Having said that, I'm in the camp of give LFC the title, but then what do you do about the relegation threatened clubs?

United liverpool and you're team were part of the original G14 ( cartel) you have as much influence as them
You are all pissing in the same pot, unfortunately pots start leaking after few years.

At the moment we have to abide by the decisions of the ECJ but that will change when the transition period ends. In the matter of City's "difference" with UEFA this will make no difference because competition law in the UK will still be identical to that in the EU. I suspect City will go through the ECJ but a case against the letter writers might have to be filed in the UK.
I can't see how any UK club's situation would change after Brexit. It's a European competition, governed by EU Law. I'd imagine anyone going up against that principle, would be told to eat shit.

Apparently the letters were sent to solicitors, to be forwarded to CAS. Why they think this should have a legal bearing baffles me, but I think it was more for effect, & to show anyone paying attention that it'a not just Europe who are pissed off at City's threat.

Arsenal saying they'll reply to any accusations from City personally, isn't the telling part, it's Sheffield Utd saying they didn't want to be involved. That in itself is an admission there is truth in the stories.

I know clubs like ManUre, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chavs etc hate the fact City have smashed the Sky Four Cartel, but even I'm shocked they'd display their utter hatred of us, so blatantly.

How do you personally feel about the situation, as a fan of a former Sky Four Club? City have had nothing to lose in my lifetime, until recently, so I don't know how I'd feel about Arsenal, ManUre, Chavs or LFC if the situations were reversed.

Having said that, I'm in the camp of give LFC the title, but then what do you do about the relegation threatened clubs?

same reason that why when people dispute money they owe they lie and say ‘I’ve been advised by my solicitor that this isn’t payable’ because they are under the impression it carries any weight

I know CAS isn't a court but would have thought the principle of confidentiality would be similar whereas they couldn't enter into any communication with 3rd parties.

I know CAS isn't a court but would have thought the principle of confidentiality would be similar whereas they couldn't enter into any communication with 3rd parties.
I’m sure that I read somewhere that the cas will not permit the introduction of new evidence from either side at any hearing they conduct. ( if anyone can confirm).Not that this letter is evidence of anything except of panic -stricken squealing from an assortment of has-beens.
This would also preclude the idea that uefa have some sort of secret weapon to hit us with at the cas, as we would surely already know about anything they may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.