Junior Firpo

ctid1894

Apparently Barcelona are willing to let him go with the current financial situation, he would be another along Grimaldo who could give us real long term competition for Mendy. He could also be used as a backup to Sane, not ideal but certainly better than what we have within the squad by quite a distance.

Apparently Barcelona are willing to let him go with the current financial situation, he would be another along Grimaldo who could give us real long term competition for Mendy. He could also be used as a backup to Sane, not ideal but certainly better than what we have within the squad by quite a distance.
Didnt know they signed him?.

Not really watched him but no barca fans seem to rate him. Heard he's way too weak defensively to play 4ATB. Could be another Angelino situation

Not really watched him but no barca fans seem to rate him. Heard he's way too weak defensively to play 4ATB. Could be another Angelino situation
I heard plenty of people say David Silva was way too weak to survive in the Premier League, could have been another Buster Phillips situation.

Was very impressive at Betis but simply has not adapted at Barca - More surprising that he has struggled even after Setien took over since it was under Quique that he flourished. For me, looks a player whose confidence is simply not there atm or lacks the trust of his teammates

Was very impressive at Betis but simply has not adapted at Barca - More surprising that he has struggled even after Setien took over since it was under Quique that he flourished. For me, looks a player whose confidence is simply not there atm or lacks the trust of his teammates
It can take players a while to settle down, we've seen it all before with the likes of Bernardo.

What is your opinion of him 1 vs 1 defensively? Whenever I've seen him he's always looked strong in that regard and with the pace he's got, I can't imagine too many can run away from him even if they do beat him initially. We need a pacey left back, Mendy and Zinchenko are too slow and we struggle against counter attacks down that side, especially if Laporte is missing as well.

I appreciate his choice of pass sometimes hasn't been the best this season but he didn't seem to struggle at Betis, so I imagine that's down to his understanding with teammates or confidence like you say.

It can take players a while to settle down, we've seen it all before with the likes of Bernardo.

What is your opinion of him 1 vs 1 defensively? Whenever I've seen him he's always looked strong in that regard and with the pace he's got, I can't imagine too many can run away from him even if they do beat him initially. We need a pacey left back, Mendy and Zinchenko are too slow and we struggle against counter attacks down that side, especially if Laporte is missing as well.

I appreciate his choice of pass sometimes hasn't been the best this season but he didn't seem to struggle at Betis, so I imagine that's down to his understanding with teammates or confidence like you say.
It's comes down to that Firpo really isn't a traditional left back. His best role, which is what he played in Betis, is as a LM in a 3ATB system. Which means he can focus on the offensive as he's shielded by 3 centerbacks. I think Firpo would be exploited by opponents if he came to City in the same way as Angelino

It's comes down to that Firpo really isn't a traditional left back. His best role, which is what he played in Betis, is as a LM in a 3ATB system. Which means he can focus on the offensive as he's shielded by 3 centerbacks. I think Firpo would be exploited by opponents if he came to City in the same way as Angelino
Funny how you come to that conclusion when you said you've never watched him 2-3 hours ago. It's probably best to shut up while you're behind.

Funny how you come to that conclusion when you said you've never watched him 2-3 hours ago. It's probably best to shut up while you're behind.
I've seen Barca games but not noticed him. Funny how you talk about not watching players you hypocrite. Judging by your posts one could come to the conclusion that you don't watch football all together

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.