Most Overrated Player to Play for City

We went down cause we had cross eyed goalkeeper and a free transfer from Exeter who was right footed playing left back , Kinkladze nearly kept us on his own second season he would have kept us up if Royle hadn’t dropped for 6 games , granted he was awful at Port Vale but Royle played him left mid/wing ( joke ) then when we where fucked he brought him back against QPR he scored after 33 seconds overrated no underrated yes , most skilful player ever to wear the shirt .

Fucking loved Kinkladze
Really, you've never mentioned it before?

Kinkladze. 6-7 great games. The rest of the time he was a passenger.

His career after leaving doesn't really help disprove my opinion.

Ali Benarbia was a far better player.

Harsh... Kinkladze was a talent but he was a luxury we could not afford (at the time) particularly in Central midfield. He should have played behind the striker he was a liability in a two man central midfield. I wholly agree re Benarbia - what a player.

Kinkladze. 6-7 great games. The rest of the time he was a passenger.

His career after leaving doesn't really help disprove my opinion.

Ali Benarbia was a far better player.

I actually preferred Berkovic to Benarbia.
Overrated? Hate to say it cos they are a couple of great blokes from when I’ve heard them in the media, but I always thought Peter Barnes and Gary Owen were never all that - or certainly not apart from occasional moment or two.

I actually preferred Berkovic to Benarbia.
Overrated? Hate to say it cos they are a couple of great blokes from when I’ve heard them in the media, but I always thought Peter Barnes and Gary Owen were never all that - or certainly not apart from occasional moment or two.
Gary Owen was very overrated , Barnes was quality.

Hmmm I know that we either always lost possession trying to get the ball to him or right after he touched it.
Unfair that Keegan insisted on playing him on the left wing. Destroyed any confidence that he had. When he first came and played centrally he was ok I thought.

Ha. Believe it or not, I'm not wumming with this.

I think we all got caught up in the Kinky worship back in the day. Probably due to a combination of us being utter shite at the time, with Gio looking like peak Pele compared to those around him, as well as him being a highlight reel kind of player (Southampton and Newcastle are the obvious examples). Unfortunately, those highlight moments were far too few.

I've always said that if we'd snagged Ali B when he was 5/6 years younger, we'd now be talking about him in the same glowing terms as Merlin.
From this point of view we can argue that Bernabia was overrated. All his moments were in the championship. Completely off the pace in the prem, yes he was old but we’ll never know if he could’ve cut it in his prime unfortunately.

Balotelli

Heaps of talent, strong and quick, barely used any of it.

90% of the time anonymous, standing around, losing the ball in possession.

Some great moments, but only moments. Most of the time was like having 10 men.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.