Will Covid change the world

I was out for my “Daily Walk” today in a small Northern English town by the sea. Usually it is bustling with activity, a very vibrant community.
Today the place was almost deserted. Like something from the Twilight Zone. But more police presence. I noticed four police cars and two police vans. And a police “mobile surveillance unit” van with a large camera mounted on its roof cruised slowly past me twice. Suddenly my phone beeped – a text message from GOV.UK, “you must stay at home!”

I was out for my “Daily Walk” today in a small Northern English town by the sea. Usually it is bustling with activity, a very vibrant community.
Today the place was almost deserted. Like something from the Twilight Zone. But more police presence. I noticed four police cars and two police vans. And a police “mobile surveillance unit” van with a large camera mounted on its roof cruised slowly past me twice. Suddenly my phone beeped – a text message from GOV.UK, “you must stay at home!”
I believe they are keeping tabs on all those considered ‘wrong’uns’

the world gone mad ? and all in the space of 2 weeks. its crazy to think that so many people are really showing there true colours and only looking out for themselves at any cost

this will be a testing time and the damage could be un-reversible and life will be never the same and lesson will have to be learnt for the future. because this will be the first time in post modern living that people will have to start to think about how things can change when something threatens your life and makes you isolated and alone

for me its not about the people like me in the 50s or older ? its about the younger kids youths teenagers and life in the future ? getting over this virus scare is so so scary for them. i have had my time really and i see life after 50 as is a bonus every year that passes. all we can offer them is hope we the older generation can leave something for them other than hope. its showing them how to be human to each other and show some community spirit and the british spirit in fighting this war

its a war alright and the worst kind of war ? a virus. a dirty war. a invisible war, a war without a cure. and if we don't start to listen and take action the virus will win

so listen up people understand what they are saying please ? if there is one thing we can do right now for the future is listen and self isolate and take care. and if there is anything you can do for somebody else like your neighbours ? please help them with care and safety ? if somebody needs water or bread or food and you have some spear leave it on there door step and help

all you need is love john lennon THE BEATLES

Life after 50's is a bonus? Gee wiz man, you have almost half your life to live. So much more to see, do and experience.

Wouldn't it be nice, if those working from home during this crisis were allowed to continue (or given the option),
Far less traffic on the road, less accidents, less road rage! Less pollution, nature being able to catch up a little?
Maybe councils could over time catch up on repairing our roads.
Less congestion I think towns and cities, office blocks turned into affordable apartments, seems to simply for it to happen though.

If not !

the govnt has changed the rules for eviction, landlords have to give tenants 3 months instead of 2 before they can evict tenants for non-payment of rent. This will affect many people in the near future, the entire gig economy runs on a knife-edge of debt. The lock-down is certain to last 3 months, many many businesses will fold, mortgage-payers are at risk if the last crises are any guide.
Another cloud on the horizon is the potential for serious civil unrest, if the police have to enforce draconian measures, there have been instances of it already, and it's only been a week...
"Back to normal" seems impossible, the world as we know it has crashed, a reboot will be long and painful for the vast majority. The situation transcends politics, the establishment will cling to power until circumstances overtake them....Buckle up, lads and lasses, we aint seen nothin' yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.