Most Overrated Player to Play for City

With the exception of maybe De Jong and Kinkladze, the vast majority of players chosen are not rated that highly around here. How can you say Mcmanaman was overrated when he's universally despised round these parts as a player? I guess City legend Danny Mills was overrated too.

This thread should have more controversy, given how being overrated works. So in the spirit of that I'll throw a player into the mix: Fernandinho.

Has he been a fantastic player? Of course. Is he a City legend? He should very much be considered one.

But you can still be brilliant and overrated (eg Scholes). Fernandinho just isn't on the level as the likes of Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, or Kompany. He's a clever, disciplined, all rounded midfielder but he's neither a truly world class defender, or attacker, or midfield general like the players above. In the same way we loved De Jong for his efforts defensively in an attacking side, we really love Fern for his efforts in these super attacking teams he's been in (Plus his growth under Pep has been a great watch).

He was to Touré what De Jong was to Barry. Just as important as Yaya, but not as good.

To be clear, I'm not saying he's anything less than a great player. Just overrated.

You see, I'd have called it the other way around. Greatly appreciated with us but grossly under-rated outside of City.

Harsh... Kinkladze was a talent but he was a luxury we could not afford (at the time) particularly in Central midfield. He should have played behind the striker he was a liability in a two man central midfield. I wholly agree re Benarbia - what a player.

Wholly agree. Kinkladze always seemed to have trouble controlling his weight. He was, I’d heard, rather fond of Georgian Khachapuri (cheese bread)!

You see, I'd have called it the other way around. Greatly appreciated with us but grossly under-rated outside of City.
Although I think he's overrated by us, I agree that for non blues he's definitely underrated. As is and has been every City player over the past decade outside of De Bruyne, Touré, Laporte, and maybe Kompany.

Wilfried Bony must have been the worst player i have ever seen play in our colours, waste of space and lazy as hell. Was never high rated but every point is overrated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.