Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Is the pandemic likely to impact on the plans for the new arena? I'm sure it's hit the coffers quite drastically for the companies behind this.
On the other hand there's going to be a huge backlog of bands wanting to tour again that maybe they should build a third Arena never mind arguing whether two would be one too much.
I'm so desperate to go out I'd buy a ticket if Rod, Jane & Freddy reunited and toured....

Is the pandemic likely to impact on the plans for the new arena? I'm sure it's hit the coffers quite drastically for the companies behind this.
On the other hand there's going to be a huge backlog of bands wanting to tour again that maybe they should build a third Arena never mind arguing whether two would be one too much.
I'm so desperate to go out I'd buy a ticket if Rod, Jane & Freddy reunited and toured....

Might be the end for the present Arena in town!

A planning application for a new 23,500-capacity indoor concert and sports arena next to the Etihad Stadium has been formally submitted. Oak View Group claim it could be worth over half a billion pounds to Manchester's economy over a 20 year period

As well as music and awards, the venue will also attract big indoor sporting events such as ice hockey, basketball, boxing, tennis, handball and MMA such as the UFC. The project will create around 3,500 jobs during construction and around 1,000 jobs when it opens

The Oak View Group have stated that they will prioritise hiring people who live within walking distance of the new venue next to the Etihad Stadium - and that they will be paid the Manchester Living Wage

@ManCityMEN

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.