Peter Barnes

A good pal of mine tells a funny story about chatting up Peter's sister in a Manchester club back in the day.
He'd just signed his first professional contract with York City and fancied himself as a bit of a ladies man. Anyway, he's grafting away laying it on thick that he's a professional footballer for the mighty York City blah, blah blah, only for her to tell him to "Fuck off cos my brother is Peter Barnes who plays for the proper City and England"

if you’re cheaper maybe let Peter Barnes know

Cheaper - Peter's not paying me anything. It's a financially stretched world being a writer unfortunately. Most of us do it for the love hoping that one day we get a JK Rowling-esque winner but usually our books end up remaindered in the bargain section of one of those end of the line discount book shops. But it's what we choose to do and so we're happy. I happily earn less than the minimum wage to do something I love. There's nothing better than listening to former players, fans and others tell their stories and I've never regretted jacking in a well-paid career in 2002 to scrape a living because it's something I truly love. I am always grateful to those who buy my books. It means a lot. Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.