City Videos (For Your Sanity)

David Mooney and I have posted a couple of free videos as part of our new City Folklore subscription service. These videos are: An exclusive talk by Malcolm Allison on his time at MCFC and Joe Mercer (this was his speech at my Joe Mercer book launch in 1993 and has never been broadcast); A discussion between David & I on abandoned/postponed/delayed seasons & competitions; plus an introductory piece about our new City Folklore series. The free Allison clip is here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/unseen-bits-joe-35192877 The rest of the stuff is here: www.patreon.com/cityfolklore I hope it's of interest.

We'll be posting a video for subscribers on Wednesday about the 2006-07 season.

A lot of you may, or may not know I sell City DVDs. I do have the Full game v Blackburn if anyone wants a copy. Or if you are looking for any other City games, season reviews, documentaries please let me know, I can also supply a full list if you message me your email addresses. I've reduced the cost during these current times to just £1.75 per dvd and free postage for Blue Moon members, as want to ensure you can still enjoy a City fix without too much expense.
The DVDs are recorded on discs with no art work and are sent out in plastic/paper wallets
Cheers

David Mooney and I have posted a couple of free videos as part of our new City Folklore subscription service. These videos are: An exclusive talk by Malcolm Allison on his time at MCFC and Joe Mercer (this was his speech at my Joe Mercer book launch in 1993 and has never been broadcast); A discussion between David & I on abandoned/postponed/delayed seasons & competitions; plus an introductory piece about our new City Folklore series. The free Allison clip is here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/unseen-bits-joe-35192877 The rest of the stuff is here: www.patreon.com/cityfolklore I hope it's of interest.

Malcolm Allison was the best coach in the world and nobody would say otherwise. BUT as a manager the power was to much for his ego. joe Mercer was the greatest yes man in football and knew is onions. he could talk the city board into anything. he could even get blood out of a stone if malcolm found a player. and joe went to the board and talked the legs off them until they give in

a perfect partnership for a football club good cop bad cop if you like. joe was the nicest bloke in the world and like i said would say yes to make you feel great. but malcolm was hard faced you never crossed .and he was a big guy and could handle himself. the players never talked back to malcolm and did what he told them and it worked great at manchester city

but joe could not carry on like that and the city board was under pressure and back ground in fighting on the board and a power struggle was taking place and peter swales knew he was going to take full control sooner or later and how on earth city got rid of joe and made malcolm manager ?? joe should have gone onto the board and took his role to club football director but swales and his crew was having none of it

the end of joe mercer peter swales

Lovely video, that was all before my time but heard my dad talk about those days fondly. I’m more from the era that recognises the Garry Flitcroft haircut on the lad watching by the camera!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.