COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on a study published not too long ago that could have something to do with viral load and people's initial infections coming from a lot higher doses. Which could happen if you have a lot more people walking around with it unbeknownst.
I read the study last week.
If it’s true the social distancing and keeping to your own household makes complete sense as it avoids an overload of ‘dose’.
I’ve been trying to get that message over to the family.

If it’s true the social distancing and keeping to your own household makes complete sense as it avoids an overload of ‘dose’.
wasting my time mate with my family, son bought a playstation so has visited asda 3 times in the last 2 hours for games taking my daughter then dont wash there hands coming in,im sick of telling them all

Someone i know in the medical profession told me the same about overloading. Apparently the virus gets into your mouth or nose and effectively lives there whilst it grows. Your body either kills it at this point or it becomes strong enough to make its way into your lungs. He said if you are in constant contact with it, you will get more of the virus at the start which is likely to make it stronger.

May explain so many doctors dying in Italy.

Those who will die over the next 10 days are probably among the already infected. So, you have probably to double the percentages. Flu is just 0,01 %.
Flu is 0.1%

That’s ten times more deadly than the figure you’re quoting of 0.01%

wasting my time mate with my family, son bought a playstation so has visited asda 3 times in the last 2 hours for games taking my daughter then dont wash there hands coming in,im sick of telling them all
I don’t know what to say.
Had words with my daughter this morning about too many contacts and it increasing her risk.

At least they’re not living with us, so we can just hide inside.

Perhaps you’d be safer if we had a full lockdown with the army patrolling the streets

Big picture Karen. If there were a significant number of un attributed deaths they would show up in the total death figures.
Despite the 24/7 gloom it would appear that fewer people are dying this year than the average of the last 5 years in the same period. Fretting about who is or isn't counted in each column is pointless when the end result is an overall lowering of death rate. We should be fucking cheering.
Whilst not disagreeing with this we will need to take this over a 12-18 month period to be fair. There will be a down turn in motoring deaths, accidental deaths and, oddly enough, probably no increase in respiratory deaths. The biggest concern will be in the number of cancer/cardiologist/stroke deaths and, within that, possibly the number of deaths in the under 60’s. As hospitals fill up with covid patients, everyone else is being pushed out, for obvious reasons no doubt, but it will skew the reasons for people dying in 2020/21.

Don't worry pal,your probably your doing your best. Guess all this will be in the calculation anyway. I don't obviously know your personal life. I do know mine though and I'm pretty much average. If this happened in my time as a father when my kids were young I would have had the same problem no doubt. My parents were younger and didn't need to be visited. Now my kids are no longer with me I don't have your problem, I can now care for my parents without too much worry. ..keep doing your best pal.

You are giving me stats that don't have anything to do with COVID,it is winter there are going to be respiritory deaths,it has been a very mild winter which impacts the general figures,what you are not showing me is deaths not included in the daily briefing because they are not hospital deaths,you have gone off piste,there will not be unattributed deaths,everyone has a death certificate,whether it is covid or another respiritory death is the question
anyway i am feeling uncomfortable with arguing over deaths
at the end of the day we will get a better picture but imo never the true picture,i wouldn't expect than a pandemic would ever give you true figures
They will be included in the total though because covid-19 is a notifiable disease. This means that it is amongst the ‘legal duties of laboratories and medical practitioners’. Not only that, any care homes will be desperate to know if a resident had the infection due to the make up of the rest of the residents.

Compared to the UK Germany continues to have identified three times more cases and at the same time continues to have only a third of the deaths. The implication is that through extensive early tracking they have protected vulnerable groups much better and/or provided much better medical care for them.
This invites the question why and also why is nobody asking it at the PCs?
Maybe it just indicates that they are identifying 3 times as many cases?
Test availability is a huge issue. They don't grow on trees. For example, the UK bought 40k of tests from China and they were rubbish so were binned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.