COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. Karen get over yourself
https://www.nationalreview.com/news...oronavirus-test-kits-to-spain-czech-republic/

27/03/2020 · SPAIN has bought 640,000 faulty coroanvirus testing kits from China. The Spanish government purchased the kits from the firm Shenzhen Bioeasy Biotechnology for mass testing to discover the true

Reuters reported Friday that New York health officials had sought to get their own coronavirus testing kits up and running after getting stuck with faulty tests from the federal government that they said left them unable to diagnose people quickly in the nation’s most populous city

HHS confirmed Sunday it had “launched an investigation and is assembling a team of non-CDC scientists to better understand the nature and source of the manufacturing defect in the first batch of COVID-19 test kits that were distributed to state health departments and others.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-test-kits-idUSKBN20P09Y

They need to be careful,as for trump,he is prone to exaggerating

They weren’t, the Spanish and Dutch bought them off unlicensed manufacturers that weren’t on the approved list.

The government themselves and what they are doing are absolutely on a pr mission and I’m sure it’s not by any stretch entirely altruistic. If it saves lives, right now I don’t care though.

Nor do I, as long as they tell the truth.

@Vic

I know you didn’t read my Tweets I shared so here’s part of one that had an article from the Financial Times

Taiwan has accused the World Health Organization of failing to communicate an early warning about transmission of the coronavirus between humans, slowing the global response to the pandemic.

Health officials in Taipei said they alerted the WHO at the end of December about the risk of human-to-human transmission of the new virus but said its concerns were not passed on to other countries.

Taiwan is excluded from the WHO because China, which claims it as part of its territory, demands that third countries and international bodies do not treat it in any way that resembles how independent states are treated.

A sensible post, and of course it’s perfectly reasonable to question the actions of the Chinese government. There’s nothing remotely racist about that.

But the posters saying Chinese people are “dirty bastards” and “THEY should pay for what they’ve done” and threatening a boycott of anything related to China, well, I’m afraid, they are racist and should be called out as such.
Can’t argue with the fact that those types of comments are definitely racist in tone and also unhelpful.

A boycott isn’t going to help anyone but some pressure needs to be brought to bear on China following this, both in terms of carrot and stick, if we are to ensure this issue is tackled moving forward.

Very good post and articulated well.

I would just disagree on the massaging figures point, it’s been leaked that No.10 think they’re true deaths are 50,000+, someone said as many as 15 times what they’ve published.

If true, or even slightly near to the truth, that not only means they’re totally hiding the truth, it means there’s tens of thousands of people having the indignity of having their death/reason of death, manipulated and hidden.

Disagreeing with the massaging of the figures is fine, disagreeing it on the basis of a number 10 leak is likely to be agreeing with massaged figures in itself though ;)

I wouldn’t be surprised if their death toll was similar to what Italy’s is right now. You have to bear in mind when they enforce a lockdown, that means a lot more than when western countries do it!

Disagreeing with the massaging of the figures is fine, disagreeing it on the basis of a number 10 leak is likely to be agreeing with massaged figures in itself though ;)

I wouldn’t be surprised if their death toll was similar to what Italy’s is right now. You have to bear in mind when they enforce a lockdown, that means a lot more than when western countries do it!

That’s why I said even slightly true. The leak thinks up to 15 times. Even if it’s a third of that it’s total horror.

I don’t know, they put this off for as long as they could and enforced the lockdown when it became impossible to contain. I think tens of thousands will have had it at that point.

There’s also been images of each special Coronavirus mortuary having thousands of urns delivered, well over the number that is published.

Again, this is a flimsy inside source, from China but it’s still a claim.

One’s thing for sure, they sure as hell didn’t suddenly fix it and the riots in Hubei show this.

What did Taiwan know, and when did they know it?

Any reply other than evidence is clearly wumming.
They knew China would lie and were not prepared to take the chance. They were right!
After SARS they instituted a plan to fight the next Chinese virus. It has worked. It even also looks like they are beating the infections that have subsequently come from Europe and the US. Appropriate Articles:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/16/taiwan-china-fear-coronavirus-success/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...navirus-despite-diplomatic-isolation-by-china
https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/soc...aiwan-repeat-its-success-controlling-covid-19

NOTE THAT TAIWAN WAS MONITORING CHINESE FLIGHT PASSENGERS FROM THE 17TH DECEMBER AS SOON AS INFORMATION LEAKED OUT FROM CHINA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.