COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t argue with the fact that those types of comments are definitely racist in tone and also unhelpful.

A boycott isn’t going to help anyone but some pressure needs to be brought to bear on China following this, both in terms of carrot and stick, if we are to ensure this issue is tackled moving forward.

Good to luck to anyone who thinks they can boycott China. They’d likely have to get rid of every piece of technology in their house.

I agree though, there needs to be something.

They did from the date it was official it was H2H. If you take it from December, when they definitely knew, they have been one of the slowest.

What’s annoyed me the most is allowing the flights to come in unchecked.

We’ll have to disagree on “they definitely knew” in December, at that time they still didn’t know if it was from people coming into contact with contaminated meat rather than having to be at the market. Like I said earlier, they informed the WHO when there were still less than 40 cases.

Bear in mind though you’re saying China should have locked down or checked flights when there was less than 40 cases of a new virus. We still aren’t checking flights in and allowed travel throughout the pandemic spreading worldwide. They went straight into lockdown not fully knowing the rate of infection. We didn’t, even knowing it was seemingly highly contagious. Everything you’re arguing about China's slow response initially to it, we were far more armed with what was likely to happen and didn’t either, yet had far more evidence to go off.

Part of the problem we’ve had in the west is we haven’t had to deal with a pandemic for such a long time. Some of those countries, they’d be on high alert right from the beginning due to (recent) past experience. That’s why I’m even more frustrated by the reaction post lockdown (as in, in February). As soon as China went into total lockdown, that was the full alarm bell and yet we still all waited a month.
That I agree with.
But a huge chuck of the problem is that we believed China. They lied. For one, the infection rate is higher than China predicted.
But the BBC and others decided that wearing masks was not important. Sadly, it is vital on public transport as it reduces the aerosol spread range of the wearer. This is clear to all in the far east who have experienced bird flue, SARS, and swine fever.

They would tell us ....right?
:)
They do use Medical Ozone to treat viral pneumonia as a starter of course (Oxygen with 0.5ppm Ozone) and have done since the 1950s. They use Ozone Therapy to boost the imune system on patients whose immune system is not in overdrive. They also have lots of Ventilators and a stock of antivirals they bulk bought at the start of February.
Did I mention testing too?
It will all come out in the wash of analysis by the Retrospectoscope

Last edited:
@Vic

I know you didn’t read my Tweets I shared so here’s part of one that had an article from the Financial Times

So really this boils down to the Taiwanese government saying (three months on) that they warned China/WHO about human to human transmission.

You read "Taiwan wrote to WHO on 31st December about human-to-human spread". I read "Speaking to reporters in Taipei, the island’s Centres for Disease Control chief Chou Jih-haw said that it written to the WHO and China as early as Dec. 31, asking for information about the newly uncovered virus outbreak in China’s Wuhan city, including whether there was human-to-human transmission." https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-h...-questions-at-start-of-outbreak-idUKKBN21B160

You read suppression of knowledge, I read a request for information. Taiwan did not know.

“We asked them whether there’s a possibility of human-to-human transmission. We indeed asked them and reminded them of the matter,” Chou said.

His organisation did not mention this in its first press release on 6 January - so does that mean Taiwan was suppressing its own knowledge?
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/Detail/Dbg1J9leIDoxseqTHMiaxQ?typeid=158

That I agree with.
But a huge chuck of the problem is that we believed China. They lied. For one, the infection rate is higher than China predicted.
But the BBC and others decided that wearing masks was not important. Sadly, it is vital on public transport as it reduces the aerosol spread range of the wearer. This is clear to all in the far east who have experienced bird flue, SARS, and swine fever.

The infection rate, there’s now more than five strains of it. Im not sure we know what that’s mutated properly into in terms of infection rate though as no one outside of a couple of countries are testing everyone.

They knew China would lie and were not prepared to take the chance. They were right!
After SARS they instituted a plan to fight the next Chinese virus. It has worked. It even also looks like they are beating the infections that have subsequently come from Europe and the US. Appropriate Articles:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/16/taiwan-china-fear-coronavirus-success/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...navirus-despite-diplomatic-isolation-by-china
https://amp.scmp.com/news/china/soc...aiwan-repeat-its-success-controlling-covid-19

NOTE THAT TAIWAN WAS MONITORING CHINESE FLIGHT PASSENGERS FROM THE 17TH DECEMBER AS SOON AS INFORMATION LEAKED OUT FROM CHINA.
CAN YOU CITE A SOURCE FOR THAT?

...Other than that they'd had "onboard quarantine inspections" (checking for fever) on flights from most places since April because of worries about influenza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.