Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

City and those with blue tinted specs on will say the games have not been cancelled as of yet.... but come on! course they will be for fans not to attend at least. So help people out that need help. Don't take money off them ffs with the threat their season cards will be lost! And refund the game by game tickets.

The Club seriously need to do the right thing now and it will be appreciated.
Some self employed people I know who are season card holders are having to go onto universal credit until payments in June! £90 odd a week! City do the right thing.

If not, fcuk you.

I’m self employed and I won’t be getting sweet FA unless I work for it. Not everyone has that option so it’s tough times.

I would have liked City not to take April’s DD payment but some of the suggestion on this thread aren't really solutions mate. For example, if we impose wage cuts on players this will be a breach of contract and Raheem will go to Madrid on a free transfer. I believe there is a meeting this week with the Prem and the PFA where there might be a collect agreement on reducing or deferring part of players’ pay that might achieve a solution but that’s not guaranteed.

People do what they want with their DD but stopping it could well reduce the amount season card holders are refunded for cancelled games (above the amount of the April DD payment) or credited for next year so it’s a gamble.

There’s an expectation from some other posters that Sheikh Mansour will dip into his own funds to cover any costs for City and our fans during the pandemic. There won’t be enough cash flow in the Club to cover everyone’s requests on this thread. Maybe he will chip in extra if the Prem allow but if they doesn’t happen I’d rather pay my final months DD if that’s going to help staff get paid until the end of the season.

I will get some posters coming on saying I’m a happy clapper - so be it but I have my own values. When the Club failed to get more than 3k tickets for the League a cup semi final at the swamp I boycotted the game and gave my ticket away. At some point our owners might decide we’ve got ungrateful fans and limit their investment. That’s fine if we are willing go back to a mid table team. I could live with that but many other fans might not.

There is not one argument you can put forward why City are taking this payment at THIS time and not suspending it until they know what's happening.
Sorry but at this time it's morally bankrupt to take the payment.
Disgusted in you City, if and when people don't renew next season people will remember this.

I’m self employed and I won’t be getting sweet FA unless I work for it. Not everyone has that option so it’s tough times.

I would have liked City not to take April’s DD payment but some of the suggestion on this thread aren't really solutions mate. For example, if we impose wage cuts on players this will be a breach of contract and Raheem will go to Madrid on a free transfer. I believe there is a meeting this week with the Prem and the PFA where there might be a collect agreement on reducing or deferring part of players’ pay that might achieve a solution but that’s not guaranteed.

People do what they want with their DD but stopping it could well reduce the amount season card holders are refunded for cancelled games (above the amount of the April DD payment) or credited for next year so it’s a gamble.

There’s an expectation from some other posters that Sheikh Mansour will dip into his own funds to cover any costs for City and our fans during the pandemic. There won’t be enough cash flow in the Club to cover everyone’s requests on this thread. Maybe he will chip in extra if the Prem allow but if they doesn’t happen I’d rather pay my final months DD if that’s going to help staff get paid until the end of the season.

I will get some posters coming on saying I’m a happy clapper - so be it but I have my own values. When the Club failed to get more than 3k tickets for the League a cup semi final at the swamp I boycotted the game and gave my ticket away. At some point our owners might decide we’ve got ungrateful fans and limit their investment. That’s fine if we are willing go back to a mid table team. I could live with that but many other fans might not.

Some good points there. I do think City should've suspended this month's DD payment though. As others have stated, some fans have gone from a full wage to £90-odd a week. I'm going to let mine go through as I'm still in work full-time so it's not an issue for me at the moment, and when the situation becomes clearer and refunds may need to be given, etc, that's when I'll be on to the club. But some people need that money now so I don't blame them for cancelling their DD, and the club need to take a totally sympathetic view on that

Some good points there. I do think City should've suspended this month's DD payment though. As others have stated, some fans have gone from a full wage to £90-odd a week. I'm going to let mine go through as I'm still in work full-time so it's not an issue for me at the moment, and when the situation becomes clearer and refunds may need to be given, etc, that's when I'll be on to the club. But some people need that money now so I don't blame them for cancelling their DD, and the club need to take a totally sympathetic view on that

Thanks Simon. I agree it would have been better if the Club weren’t taking this month’s DD. They could take a sympathetic view with people who are struggling.

On a wider point, where we have fans who have had time to think and realise a season card isn’t for them (I’m not on about people who are skint) next season would be a good time to switch to paying for games on an individual basis. The prices of individual matches needs to be reduced. If that means our published attendances are lower then so be it.

i've not missed football one bit, doubt i'll go back.

I came back fro SA in 2011 Bill as you know after a 5 year stint and immediately got my season ticket back but i was literally no longer interested in the so called matchday experience and found that my life had moved on from needing to travel hundreds of miles and spending hundreds of pounds constantly to watch us.

Will love the club till the day i die but wont be setting foot inside a ground anytime soon im afraid.

There was a question on some programme about rights and such stuff last night. One question was that somebody had a final payment to make on a holiday. They wanted to know if they should make the payment as they were due to go in May and they knew that wouldn’t be happening now. The consumer ‘expert’ said to make the payment as your consumer rights then entitle you to claim a full refund, if you don’t make the payment they can refuse to refund you. I can only assume that whatever insurance/regulatory body cover provides or demands insists this is the way it has to be done. Whether or not this is why they are still taking the payment I don’t know it just seemed to be the only reason the club are taking the money.
I wholeheartedly agree that the club should have been more open with us the fans, they’ve dropped an almighty clanger here by not considering the financial hardships some, well an awful lot to be honest, are having to endure.
Some of the reds I know are also having to pay their last Direct Debit too, so perhaps it’s a nationwide issue with all the clubs.
I assume my wife and my last payment will be taken tomorrow, that’s £130 add to that they still have my Madrid money, I am lucky I can afford it. Still feel like City are taking the piss, though playing Devils Advocate I have to question the Premier Leagues stance regarding the television/sponsorship finances being more important than peoples lives. Cancel the season now, imagine the public backlash against clubs/sponsors who try and take them to Court after all this is through? Give the dippers the league and start next season with Leeds and the Baggies in a 22 team league if that’s what is necessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.