Junior Firpo

It can take players a while to settle down, we've seen it all before with the likes of Bernardo.

What is your opinion of him 1 vs 1 defensively? Whenever I've seen him he's always looked strong in that regard and with the pace he's got, I can't imagine too many can run away from him even if they do beat him initially. We need a pacey left back, Mendy and Zinchenko are too slow and we struggle against counter attacks down that side, especially if Laporte is missing as well.

I appreciate his choice of pass sometimes hasn't been the best this season but he didn't seem to struggle at Betis, so I imagine that's down to his understanding with teammates or confidence like you say.

I am typically patient in allowing for players to adapt when first arriving at Barcelona, irrespective of how good they were elsewhere - I'm not really in agreement about Bernardo however, I think he looked impressive from the off at City whereas that has not nearly been the case with Dominican born Firpo

I can't place my finger on the issue with him but he has not looked comfortable at Barcelona at all thus far. Is that down to all the tactical changes first with Valverde and then reuniting with Setien? I don't believe so. Perhaps not fully integrated within the squad or fallout with key players, i.e. Messi? Again, merely speculation. But it's clear he is not well integrated and often looking unsure of himself. I don't believe I've seen a positive performance from him since arriving. Moreover, even Setien has alluded to the fact that he's been self conscious and afraid of making mistakes - too big a move, too soon seems the most probable conclusion at this point

I cannot really judge him at Barcelona because he has not looked Barca quality at all whereas he had many aspects of his game that were impressive at Betis, even when having faced Barcelona. His decision making can be poor and when you are mentally absent, then you are more & more likely to be tentative physically as well. It does make me wonder if he got chewed out by teammates for some decisions and simply cannot win back the confidence within the squad but who knows. A sale, even this soon, for me makes sense because there are no indications that he can turn this around. It's pretty shocking tbh

I am typically patient in allowing for players to adapt when first arriving at Barcelona, irrespective of how good they were elsewhere - I'm not really in agreement about Bernardo however, I think he looked impressive from the off at City whereas that has not nearly been the case with Dominican born Firpo

I can't place my finger on the issue with him but he has not looked comfortable at Barcelona at all thus far. Is that down to all the tactical changes first with Valverde and then reuniting with Setien? I don't believe so. Perhaps not fully integrated within the squad or fallout with key players, i.e. Messi? Again, merely speculation. But it's clear he is not well integrated and often looking unsure of himself. I don't believe I've seen a positive performance from him since arriving. Moreover, even Setien has alluded to the fact that he's been self conscious and afraid of making mistakes - too big a move, too soon seems the most probable conclusion at this point

I cannot really judge him at Barcelona because he has not looked Barca quality at all whereas he had many aspects of his game that were impressive at Betis, even when having faced Barcelona. His decision making can be poor and when you are mentally absent, then you are more & more likely to be tentative physically as well. It does make me wonder if he got chewed out by teammates for some decisions and simply cannot win back the confidence within the squad but who knows. A sale, even this soon, for me makes sense because there are no indications that he can turn this around. It's pretty shocking tbh
I did not think he was the finished article when Barca bought him, but as often the case big shoes to fill, often take a stop gap to help understand it is not easy to replace quality

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.