COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right there some things which are not seeming to add up here and I'm definitely one for tin foil hats... Have a look at this article from the L.A. Times about a choir that used hand sanitizer and observed social distancing. On the 10th March, 60 singers showed up and 45 of them tested positive, 23 hospitalised and 2 died.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak

Isn't it well known now that this can travel at least by droplet spread, and there is a lot of reports of partial aroesol.

if I recall, they recommend 1m distance between people for droplet. Our gov is telling people to stay 2m apart.

I did say to the missus that I hadn`t heard about this,but I suppose in reality it does make sense.However my arguments would be that if working together (its only an 8 man company) then its just as likely to catch the virus anyway.Maybe the young bloke is using it as an excuse (and thats fair enough if he is) but you have to ask why it isn`t being enforced.Maybe it is ??

Yeah, it's the first I've heard of it. As you say, it does make sense in a way but the counter-argument is, again as you say, a small company where people can keep their distance shouldn't have too many issues with people catching and spreading it. I only asked because I get a lift to work off one guy and a lift home off another. It's a 12-mile round trip for me otherwise!

I’ve been PM’ing a poster on here and he’s just shared a video with me of a Korean Doctor. In the video he states immunity isn’t guaranteed and there’ve seen numbers of people coming back with symptoms, after already having it and recovering days earlier.

Does anyone know more?

This is potentially awful for European strategy.

You're right there some things which are not seeming to add up here and I'm definitely one for tin foil hats... Have a look at this article from the L.A. Times about a choir that used hand sanitizer and observed social distancing. On the 10th March, 60 singers showed up and 45 of them tested positive, 23 hospitalised and 2 died.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak

I would say 60 people in a room social distancing or not would add to the risk, especially with the overload theory, say if ten or more already had it. Also singing would expel more moisture into the air.

agree With most of that and that the general trend will be from the domestic market going forward but pubs and restaurants booming this year? Not sure about that. Factor in that this is a two way street and that the number of overseas visitors will be a patch on previous years then that’s going to severely dent the hospitality sector - I can’t see the pubs and restaurants in Hazel Grove and in the city center just as one small example getting my custom this year 3 or 4 times for the first time since I can remember sadly.

Good news though is one less tourist in the stadium to contend with :-)

also add to that the economic consequences ( people will feel poorer without a doubt just by looking at their pension fund values for a start) I suspect it will be well into next year before we see numbers anywhere near 2019.
I am a partner in a restaurant in Devon, my brother runs it whilst I’m stuck up here, we open four nights a week, closed at present. we are totally booked online from 1st June into July.
My brother is on the tourist board in the English riviera, hoteliers, caravan parks etc are showing massive growth in bookings as the public are clearly planning a uk summer and booking early before the mass release from lockdown.
Granted hazel grove etc might be a different scenario, although I believe most will be gagging to get out.

I’ve been PM’ing a poster on here and he’s just shared a video with me of a Korean Doctor. In the video he states immunity isn’t guaranteed and there’ve seen numbers of people coming back with symptoms, after already having it and recovering days earlier.

Does anyone know more?

there has been a lot of reports of this but latest thoughts ( Dr Campbell videos last week ) is that this is actually false negatives on the tests, that the virus can linger for a few weeks and ramp back up a bit and show in tests then.

Yeah, it's the first I've heard of it. As you say, it does make sense in a way but the counter-argument is, again as you say, a small company where people can keep their distance shouldn't have too many issues with people catching and spreading it. I only asked because I get a lift to work off one guy and a lift home off another. It's a 12-mile round trip for me otherwise!
Thankfully his Company are very big on H & S.They do ensure that the workforce keep their distance and likewise any outside contract drivers who come into the yard are asked to stay in their cabs until loading/unloading is complete,so that they also can do all their necessary work before leaving but not in the company of the workforce.

Does anyone know more?

Do you mean “know” or do you mean”share unattributable, unverifiable videos off social media”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.