Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

HRH will take a big hit re, oil revenue alone. No-one will escape the effects of this pandemic bro'.

No one will be safe from this pandemic, Mansour’s assets are lot more diversified then just relying on the price of oil. He made some serious money propping up Barclays in the last crash.

On weathering this storm I would rather be in City’s shoes rather than United with a huge debt to pay off with no income happening from playing football at the moment. Then there is Spurs who will have not have factored in their stadium not being in use for the foreseeable future until this is gone.

No one will be safe from this pandemic, Mansour’s assets are lot more diversified then just relying on the price of oil. He made some serious money propping up Barclays in the last crash.

On weathering this storm I would rather be in City’s shoes rather than United with a huge debt to pay off with no income happening from playing at the moment. Then there is Spurs who will have not have factored in their stadium not being in use for the foreseeable future until this is gone.
Just saying the economic impact on everyone will be massive, I'm not comparing mate. What's the point in that?

All the talk about a May restart is a load of nonsense. How the hell can any match be played with issues over player welfare and insurance for those players?

How are the clubs going to guarantee safety of the players when all potential medical facilities will be dealing with more important and pressing virus issues? This is kite flying b0ll1x.

Also, although I smirk at what the Glazer's are doing to 'nited', being in debt just got a whole lot easier.
I would imagine they will have to pay all of any transfer fees upfront because selling clubs will be desperate for money when the game eventually returns with a possible lowering of player valuations.

Eds I agree with you. However you have forgotten the unwritten law in football. That one is as long as Livarpool stand a chance of winning a trophy you cannot cancel or void a tournament. Do you really think we would be having this discussion if we were in Livarpools place. There is not a chance those numpties at the Premier League headquarters would have declared this season null and void at least 2 weeks ago.

The players Union wouldn’t allow this and it also breaches the social distancing rules. If this madness was given the go ahead, the general public en masse would start ignoring the restrictions.
There is no way the government is going to permit this under any kind of lockdown.

I would imagine they will have to pay all of any transfer fees upfront because selling clubs will be desperate for money when the game eventually returns with a possible lowering of player valuations.

We could cash in here with clubs struggling for money, They might be prepared to let their star players go to get some money in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.