COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been PM’ing a poster on here and he’s just shared a video with me of a Korean Doctor. In the video he states immunity isn’t guaranteed and there’ve seen numbers of people coming back with symptoms, after already having it and recovering days earlier.

Does anyone know more?

This is potentially awful for European strategy.
More likely that there are two major distinct typess of the virus (S and L). Havng imunity to S (the milder type) does not guarantee immunity to L (the more severe type). Though having had S does give your body a better start to fight L. Much like the Common Cold - if you and your ancestors had never encountered a common cold virus it would be lethal.
https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/c...l-type-strain-affecting-70-per-cent-of-cases/
Incidently, nearly a month later, we now know there are 8 strains of Coronavirus
https://nextstrain.org/ncov

What’s not acceptable is lying to other countries about this kind of thing and lying to the WHO.

the shincheonji church in south korea was responsible for around 2,000 cases all spread from one individual who had symptoms but attended the church[/QUOTE]

Were they observing social distancing at the time and restricting human contact? I may be wrong but I thought these infections were picked up in a conventional manner where you would expect it to happen in a large gathering.

I’ve been PM’ing a poster on here and he’s just shared a video with me of a Korean Doctor. In the video he states immunity isn’t guaranteed and there’ve seen numbers of people coming back with symptoms, after already having it and recovering days earlier.

Does anyone know more?

This is potentially awful for European strategy.

The fact he's talking about people coming back with symptoms within days suggests very strongly that they were just not fully over the virus when discharged, which ties in with the wavey nature of the illness.

If a lot of people were coming back 6+ weeks later with the same severity of symtoms then it would point to re-infection, but this doesn't.

More likely that there are two major distinct typess of the virus (S and L) and 8 strains in total. Havng imunity to S (the milder type) does not guarantee immunity to L (the more severe type). Though having had S does give your body a better start to fight L. Much like the Common Cold - if you and your ancestors had never encountered a common cold
virus it would be lethal.
https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/c...l-type-strain-affecting-70-per-cent-of-cases/
The worry would be if it's assumed that if you've had it you can't infect anyone else.

I hope you're never on a jury.

Witnesses is one of the biggest pieces of evidence in any trial. If you can get them.

What you’re essentially doing is believing China over their neighbours in Taiwan and Japan.

Presuming that China for an entire month couldn’t conclude it was passed between humans.

You’re discarding what Taiwan have presented, despite them being proven right.

Taiwan’s Doctors having correspondence with their colleagues in China, with it being communicated by witnesses that it was being passed H2H is evidence, whether you deny it or not.

Well done on responding to my lengthy post with one snide and incorrect line.

The fact he's talking about people coming back with symptoms within days suggests very strongly that they were just not fully over the virus when discharged, which ties in with the wavey nature of the illness.

If a lot of people were coming back 6+ weeks later with the same severity of symtoms then it would point to re-infection, but this doesn't.

Hopefully that’s true.

More likely that there are two major distinct typess of the virus (S and L). Havng imunity to S (the milder type) does not guarantee immunity to L (the more severe type). Though having had S does give your body a better start to fight L. Much like the Common Cold - if you and your ancestors had never encountered a common cold virus it would be lethal.
Incidently, nearly a month later, we now know there are 8 strains of Coronavirus
https://nextstrain.org/ncov

The strong strain/ weak strain talk has massively decreased over the past month, I would not hold much credence in it anymore and think it was mostly an attempt to understand why some people had no symptoms and others were dying.

It's seems much more likely now that SARSCOVID19 is just mutating into weaker forms as per most viruses.

The worry would be if it's assumed that if you've had it you can't infect anyone else.
Evidence is now emerging that you can still be infectious for up to 8 days after your last symptoms so the isolation period probably needs to be adjusted accordingly.

I presume this choir were singing, I presume the we’re using their mouths. I also presume they were breathing.

Yes obviously :-) and I also assumed the projectiles whilst singing were propelled further; but again it's down to the science here in terms of what social distancing metrics they were using which has real connotations for the future when we get out to phase 2 i.e airplane and general transport travel, distances in office space etc. This has always been about the science of the virus for me in terms of determining future policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.