COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
seeing that a world famous neurosurgeon in NYC has died from it, a very cruel question but are we losing too many valuable medical personnel? Is the collateral damage in our core medical services worse than losing initial patients?

If we get a second wave in the winter, and we no longer have many expert personnel around, it's going to be much worse for everyone else and it'll take an awful long time to train new talent up to gain the skill sets and experience needed.

Central African Republic (CAR) has only three ventilators for a population of five million

"Now, Mr Jani, you say there is correspondence between doctors in Taiwan and Wuhan. Have you seen this correspondence or is it hearsay?"

"Have you got anything contemporaneous to suggest that the Taiwanese Centres for Disease Control knew more than they were putting in official press releases?"

I couldn't be bothered dismembering your argument again hence the brevity. How can "I hope you're never on a jury" possibly be incorrect?
Hearsay is one of the most misunderstood concepts in the Kingdom.

Belgium and Netherlands are pretty bad too. 192 and 175 deaths yesterday and they're not that big countries.

Haven't checked for Belgium, but the number of new cases in the Netherlands has been dropping from a current high on March 27th of 1,172.

March 28th 1,159
March 29th 1,104
March 30th 884
March 31st 845

Where there is capacity, some German hospitals near the border are also taking and offering to take Dutch patients.

Last edited:
germans took italians and french too. Not huge number and it looks a bit like PR exercise for them and EU, but they did, fair play to them.

It comes as a shock to know that there are ONLY 2000 or so garden centres in the country. I know of 6 around where I live

Presumably because card payment has become preferred in most places recently, my Spanish bank has temporarily raised the pin requirement from 20euro to 50euro.
Good.point I suppose to ensure gloved fingers when entering a pin.

Thieves will also be happy I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.