COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd still have peaks if those people got infected. We've been over this a lot but if the Anfield game was a breeding ground then there would be a massive death peak in Liverpool 19 days later. If 5000 people got infected in that game, yes, they would spread it, but there'd also be 50 deaths in Liverpool 19 days later.
That is assuming the crowd all lived in liverpool,the figures today show rises across the country
i live on the south coast but i have been to wembley and the etihad recently,people travel

You'd still have peaks if those people got infected. We've been over this a lot but if the Anfield game was a breeding ground then there would be a massive death peak in Liverpool 19 days later. If 5000 people got infected in that game, yes, they would spread it, but there'd also be 50 deaths in Liverpool 19 days later.
And there may have been. 50 is going to seem like small beer unfortunately. It more than doubled today - maybe some of that was them.

When she gets in, say her Mum has been rushed to hospital in an ambulance and that no-one can visit, and that you're worried sick.

And when the crying stops, tell her how lucky she is that this is not yet the case, and to stay the fuck indoors in future.
That's harsh, but would work.

Grandparents keep turning up to visit their daughter, her husband and kids next door.

now do I honestly report that to the Police ?

The rise in numbers today is quite stark, my only hope for those who think this thing is nowt, in total denial , may now wake up and start doing the things that so many are already doing.
I'm a political beast too, but here in this thread, I agree that those with the need to knee-jerk and accuse and blame should be take those points of views elsewhere.
It ain't going to get any better any time soon.
The only thing I have with the numbers as such, is that they represent real lives, real people who only a few weeks ago were well, had a future, probably had loved ones ...like the many others to come, it is heartbreaking...but there is a need too, to keep calm and follow the advice.
It can be easy to let the emotion of the moment take over, many here appear to have known others for quite awhile...I'd ask don't let the emotions upset the camaraderie that has been built over time...as I've said, the numbers are stark today, they will get worse...be strong everyone.

On average 1,400 people die every day in Britain. Even without COVID-19 around.

Even if the 393 from today added to that making it 1,793... about 1,900 babies will have been born today in Britain.

I know it just makes people a figure and is quite cold, but I think it is something nice to remember. 1,900 families are buzzing today!

So true. I occasionally land on the Worldometer page that shows the Net population growth this year. Over 20 million this year already and just wait for next year when the lockdown and condom shortage have their effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.