Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

They should freeze the direct debits until the season resumes. Why is that so hard ?
Taking people's money in these times when you don't know when or how the season will resume is disgraceful.

Yes it would have been better for the DD payment to be postponed. However, “Disgraceful” is NHS and social Care workers being on the pandemic front line without adequate PPE equipment. It isn’t really to describe people making a final payment on an interest free loan that they have committed to. We will be refunded soon enough for most and people who were really struggling have had the opportunity to talk this through with the Club.

Yes these threads are not uncommon on Bluemoon where a minority of posters race to fuel negative articles in the MUEN.

I suppose that's the consequence of having an open forum. Opinions very often differ substantially which is why we end up seeing adults involved in school yard squabbling on here. The MUEN and I'm sure the Daily Fail gorge on the negativity that they can abstract from Bluemoon.

On this matter, I am firmly in the take my DD camp, I was expecting to pay it for me and 2 other tickets and expect I will get a refund if/when the season is cancelled or played behind closed doors. But, I am in a very lucky position which is why I can completely understand the opinion of others that didn't want the DD to come out. The Club should have acted earlier and asked us what we wanted to do, some could have suspended payments and some, like me, would have paid.

I suppose that's the consequence of having an open forum. Opinions very often differ substantially which is why we end up seeing adults involved in school yard squabbling on here. The MUEN and I'm sure the Daily Fail gorge on the negativity that they can abstract from Bluemoon.

On this matter, I am firmly in the take my DD camp, I was expecting to pay it for me and 2 other tickets and expect I will get a refund if/when the season is cancelled or played behind closed doors. But, I am in a very lucky position which is why I can completely understand the opinion of others that didn't want the DD to come out. The Club should have acted earlier and asked us what we wanted to do, some could have suspended payments and some, like me, would have paid.

I agree AshtonBlueMooner. Slow Communication from the Club is recurring theme. Some other Clubs have been a bit shrewder (in terms of media management) by saying they are liaising with fans groups. I’m just glad the Club have come to a decision now.

The people who do seem to get it in the neck are the guys working in the Ticket Office and on Supporter Services eg the abuse they received at Wembley trying to help fans who had lost their tickets etc. Maybe the more aggressive posters (and it’s more an issue on social media) could think about the impact on others. That’s different to people who are genuinely struggling who just need some help.

Finally, If the DD goes then that might impact on more Blues for next season. Hopefully, that won’t happen.

I agree AshtonBlueMooner. Slow Communication from the Club is recurring theme. Some other Clubs have been a bit shrewder (in terms of media management) by saying they are liaising with fans groups. I’m just glad the Club have come to a decision now.

The people who do seem to get it in the neck are the guys working in the Ticket Office and on Supporter Services eg the abuse they received at Wembley trying to help fans who had lost their tickets etc. Maybe the more aggressive posters (and it’s more an issue on social media) could think about the impact on others. That’s different to people who are genuinely struggling who just need some help.

Finally, If the DD goes then that might impact on more Blues for next season. Hopefully, that won’t happen.
IF?

Is it not more likely the case that City would want to treat all fans equally? So if direct debits are cancelled that would aid only those who pay in instalments, and not those who paid up front? I imagine at the end of the season, depending on what happens, the club will be looking to do something pro rata for all season ticket holders? I also note, as ever, Mr Bajkowski shows us in a negative light next to our neighbours from Trafford, but out of interest do they actually allow their season ticket holders to pay in interest free instalments? As I see it they have been given nothing back either, they just might get a reduction next season, as might be (this season or next)

Last edited:
Is the season finished? Could you send me a link to where you have found this information please?

I’m sure that whatever is owed will be refunded if matches don’t take place or we aren’t able to attend them.

At this point, the season hasn’t been cancelled. Matched may still be played and as a result, City can’t really do anything.

if you are struggling financially now, ring them and cancel the final direct debit, should it apply.

All season ticket holders will be either refunded or have their lost matches from this season discounted from the price next season. If they put the prices up again, then it might even be a saving.

There really isn’t an “end of” to any of this. We’re in unprecedented times. I will reiterate though that if you need the money to survive, cancel your direct debit or request your money back if you paid upfront. Football is irrelevant at the moment.

Keep safe blue and I hope that we are back watching City as soon as we can.

the season might not be finished, but there is zero chance of games having any crowds. Therefore people want their money back, it’s not that strange for people to want that.

the way the club have gone about this is a joke.

If these twats running the game get their way, there could be 3/4 games played in a week meaning a possible 3 home games in a month, so its not straight forward. Havin said that, I think its unlikely they are playing anyone soon, let alone behind closed doors. The club could have said, tell your bank to withhold the payment if you are struggling for cash atm, and if you can afford to come to the games, if they are re instated - then fine. If you will be still strapped for cash, dont worry dont come, and we wont hold it against you or cancel your ST for next season.
imho - of course.

Luckily there's only my ticket to pay for & I'm not that tight for cash.

The club have emailed with info if you can't pay,I don't see what else they could do at the moment.

There's probably stuff going on inside the club with all this CV stuff that dealing with 25,000 DD that need cancelling isn't urgent, unless you contact the club.

Whatever is done there's always someone who'll complain....if they cancelled the DD people who'd paid up front would be moaning now.

Finally on this the MUEN are most likely on a wankfest being able to have a pop over this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.