Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

Yes it would have been better for the DD payment to be postponed. However, “Disgraceful” is NHS and social Care workers being on the pandemic front line without adequate PPE equipment. It isn’t really to describe people making a final payment on an interest free loan that they have committed to. We will be refunded soon enough for most and people who were really struggling have had the opportunity to talk this through with the Club.
I am wondering if there is some requirement to take the payment as the season, due to the greed of the PL, is still in theory happening. I wonder if there were three teams, doesn't matter who, at the top only separated by two or three points whether the season would have been null and void by now. Only takes one major league to do this and the rest follow. It's pure greed why is hasn't been sorted now.

Luckily there's only my ticket to pay for & I'm not that tight for cash.

The club have emailed with info if you can't pay,I don't see what else they could do at the moment.

There's probably stuff going on inside the club with all this CV stuff that dealing with 25,000 DD that need cancelling isn't urgent, unless you contact the club.

Whatever is done there's always someone who'll complain....if they cancelled the DD people who'd paid up front would be moaning now.

Finally on this the MUEN are most likely on a wankfest being able to have a pop over this.

they could freeze dd payments and offer refunds to season ticket holders. No chance any games will have crowds. Lots of other businesses are doing it and offering refunds or freezes.

the communication from the club has been atrocious. And it might not be ‘urgent’ for the club or the alright jacks... but for huge portions of society it is. As lots of people are struggling financially, including me.

absolutely nothing wrong with what the Manchester evening news have posted , reflects what lots of city fans think.

I am wondering if there is some requirement to take the payment as the season, due to the greed of the PL, is still in theory happening. I wonder if there were three teams, doesn't matter who, at the top only separated by two or three points whether the season would have been null and void by now. Only takes one major league to do this and the rest follow. It's pure greed why is hasn't been sorted now.

True, the Leagues are riddled with greed and many of the players could be doing more too.

A typical business wouldn’t offer interest free loans if a substantial number of loanees backed out. These are exceptional times though.
No your right a typical business about to loose thousands of its customers would be looking at ways to reduce its products to keep it clients happy and retain the current no of s/c. If they loose s/c holders they are not filling them up anytime soon with match day ticket prices.
Let's see if City have the usual charm of needlessly put up tickets again by 10 % year after year

No your right a typical business about to loose thousands of its customers would be looking at ways to reduce its products to keep it clients happy and retain the current no of s/c. If they loose s/c holders they are not filling them up anytime soon with match day ticket prices.
Let's see if City have the usual charm of needlessly put up tickets again by 10 % year after year

The cub have increased SC prices ten out of the last eleven seasons but generally they have been stealth increases and certainly not 10% year on year. They will have to be very careful as potentially far more will not renew for all sorts of reasons and I doubt that there will be a huge waiting list of people desperate to take their places.

You make a fair point mrrwiceseason. The vast majority of Blues (on social media) seem to backing what the Club is doings in this crisis so hopefully the damage can be limited if the virus can be tackled in the next few months. Withdrawing the DD probably won’t happen unless a big number of Blues have pulled the plug on it.

Exactly, this is a spectator sport, and they want to do it without spectators. Greedy ****s. I seriously believe this could be a turning point for the sport. People will walk away in droves. The ****s will be begging for our return, by which time it will be too late.

Skybet and other bookies will be bricking it - imagine the lost money from addicts who gamble religiously who have suddenly went 30-60 days without betting. Hopefully that can be a positive that a few will see some daylight.

It’s good this is sorted and I knew the Club would take a reasonable approach. I read on social media that 1894 and the Official Supporters Club has been in discussions with the Club about this.

Surprised Parker hasnt said anything or do you think his arm is bend for communicating against the club on this?

Surprised Parker hasnt said anything or do you think his arm is bend for communicating against the club on this?

I think he and 1894 have been lobbying behind the scenes to get a fair / good outcome for fans. I am only going off a couple of posts I’ve seen on social media and I don’t know the details.

I do think it’s fair. There’s also a lot of fans who will be getting refunds for games they probably wouldn’t have gone to. For example, there were at least 10k of season card holders who didn’t / couldn’t make the rearranged West Ham game. I think it would have been a similar situation for the rearranged Arsenal game but the likelihood is that season card holders will get refunded now.

True, the Leagues are riddled with greed and many of the players could be doing more too.
I agree with this. Some players have made generous gestures but a hell of a lot appear to have gone missing. It should be automatic that players everywhere take big pay cuts so the money can go to less well paid workers at clubs or to vunerable people in the community. PFA boss Gordon Taylor seems more bothered by players' contracts. I think this crisis is a day of reckoning for football and so far the game has been found wanting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.