COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be reporting them to the Licensing Authority, which is probably your local education department
Don’t know the details here but what if the nursery owners genuinely can’t afford to stay open? How does that make them “shysters”? Some businesses are completely fcuked on cash flow and you don’t get blood out of a stone.

It would seem better if some nursery resources were transferred into schools that remain open. Maybe local authorities could coordinate.

Last edited:
The other week I said that testing NHS staff would be a waste of time because if they had it but were Asymptomatic we would be sending resources home when they could work. I was wrong because I didn't look at it from the other way i.e people who think they may have it so are isolating. If they don't have it, they have 2 weeks off but could then catch it when they return resulting in at least another 2 weeks off - 1 month down because no-one tested them. It's lunacy

Test, test and test. Has been the message for at least a month. I reluctantly accept we may not have the capabilities to do the majority of the population but not testing the staff, particularly those who are self-isolating is madness

NHS staff should be tested first and foremost. You’re more likely to save a life if there’s a doctor and nurse available to someone who has all the symptoms and presumed to have it, than testing the patient to prove beyond doubt they do, without a doctor or nurse.

Not so sure as where to post this, joke thread or here..the Blind aren't considered 'vulnerable' enough to qualify for special deliveries or any 'special' treatment( as reported by the BBC 'LATEST news thread)...so how are they to keep to the 2m gap distance? How are they to drive themselves to any shops...how the heck are they to function in any reasonable fashion when restrictive measures that are meant primarily for able bodies and sighted people are in place?...Heavens above, as if they haven't had enough to contend...here have this kick in the midrift while you're at it?!!!

edit: I did think it may have been a cruel April Crazy day thing..but the RNIB site has a petition set up for those interested.

Last edited:
Don’t know the details here but what if the nursery owners genuinely can’t afford to stay open? Some businesses are completely fcuked on cash flow.

It would seem better if some nursery resources were transferred into schools that remain open.
If they’ve gone bust, that’s a different issue.
But it seems ridiculous that the government had decreed key workers are supported by having their children looked after, and then the nursery doesn’t.

NHS and PHE semior management is a pile of shite. Always has been and always will. If ever there was a truism for big orginisations "Lions led by Donkeys" is it.
An interesting article on why facemasks were never part of the strategy on fighting epidemics/ pandemics.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-.../face-masks-have-asking-wrong-question-along/

A strategy that is just about to change in the US as they now understand that public transport simply cannot run when fighting an epidemic unless you protect travelers from others breathing on them at relatively short range.

The whole thing about the masks not protecting us is bullshit anyway.

They aren't 100% effective. That's not the same as not protecting us. Harvard did a study on how many droplets different things stopped and even a shitty scarf was about 50%, with surgical masks up near 80%.

But for some reason the media heard that normal masks weren't 100% effective and started screaming about them not protecting people.

Imagine if everyone on public transport was protected 80%. If nothing else the initial viral load would be tiny compared to no mask and they've think that's the biggest determinate factor in getting it mildly or severely.

@willipp many schools are opening up over the Easter holidays and are looking at the possibility of 7 days a week.
These shyster nurseries should be looking after key workers’ children as normal.
Shut down and then try and force you to keep paying by threatening your place unless you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.