Positive news about Corona Virus Updates

In the absence of a known treatment for the virus, a handful of experimental drugs are being tested globally. Trials are already under way in China and the US, with the first results expected in the coming weeks.

In the UK, a drug that could help treat coronavirus is to be trialled on a small number of patients in England and Scotland.

The drug, known as remdesivir, is manufactured by the pharmaceutical company Gilead.

"I think this drug is promising in the laboratory, and we're hopeful it will be as promising in humans," Dr Andrew Ustianowsik, a consultant who is overseeing the trials.

And how exactly are BAT going to continue to make the cigs I need to get through this nightmare! A great politician once said ‘we can’t have the cure be worse than the problem!’

British American Tobacco
, the maker of brands including Lucky Strike, Dunhill, Rothmans and Benson & Hedges, has said it has a potential coronavirus vaccine in development using tobacco plants.

BAT has turned the vast resources usually focused on creating products that pose health risks to millions of smokers worldwide to battling the global pandemic. The company said:

If testing goes well, BAT is hopeful that, with the right partners and support from government agencies, between 1m and 3m doses of the vaccine could be manufactured per week, beginning in June.”

The London-listed company used the announcement to trump the positive aspects of its tobacco empire, saying that “new, fast-growing tobacco plant technology” put it ahead of others trying to develop a vaccine.

Tested negative yesterday following kits arriving, the relief on one hand, however, I’m convinced there’s something else out there then, I’ve never been as flattened in my life...

back to work we go, stay safe people!

Good news pal.
FWIW, I think there’s more than one strain of this about.

I spoke to my young doctor son this morning. He is leading a Covid 19 team at Southampton General. He thinks they are ready and have plenty of PPE. He tells me that the medics are hanging about with very little to do and he has just had a few days off. They have a few cases (he diagnosed one yesterday) but he expects them all to recover.

Next door neighbour is a GP who spent all last week on holiday. She tells me that the surgery is like a ghost town and they are all catching up on admin.

Outside London and the West Midlands the NHS seems to be coping well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.