UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedantic note, just to correct a misapprehension that occurs both here and elsewhere.
Since the Treaty of Lisbon, the Euro has become an integral part of the EU. Thus, all countries are required to join it. There is some leeway in the vague wording, but eventually all will join. You cannot opt out of the Euro. Two exceptions are UK and Denmark because their opt outs are enshrined in the treaty of Maastricht. Brexit, of course, changes our position.

Yes I am aware of that also considers Sweden’s sneaky sort of nearly opt out

Slightly related to the ongoing smear campaign aganinst City:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52101421 - this is the owners of the 'Houseparty' App, which has taken off due to Covid-19, and is owned by Epic games, makers of Fortnite. They are offering $1m bounty for informatiobn leading to the uncovering of who is leading the smear campaign against their product. The smear alleges that Netflix, Spotify and other apps, and even bank accounts were being prevented from being accessed after downloading Houseparty.

Seems like a good investment , £1m bounty leading to the uncovering of who is behind the smear against us...
Though I think it's generally accepted it's being driven by a couple of entities...
I am certain that City know exactly who is responsible for the smear campaign against us and it will become public at the appropriate moment.

Did any of our investigatory press pack that are not afraid to ask Pep if he takes bungs, have the balls to ask any PL top 10 senior execs for comment regarding the alleged letter to solicitor asking City to be banned no matter what and the reasons for such collusion? No? What a surprise - not! Shithouses to a man. (Or woman)

I think we've lost track of where we were. My point was simple.... UEFA are a European organisation, based & operating within the European Union. I can just imagine a Chinese team applying to play in their competitions, but saying "We don't like this." "We don't recognise that." They'd be told where to swing it mate.

UEFA are ultimately governed by the ECJ. If English teams want to compete in European competitions, what has this got to do with English courts & laws?

Anyone who doesn't like UEFA, don't compete. No one's forcing anyone. The only recourse we have to overturn FFP is through the ECJ, not Manchester County Court.

My point about what it has to do with English courts and laws is simple. Whether we like it or not English courts do not have to accept the rulings of the ECJ after we have finally left the EU. BUT competition law will remain identical in the UK and the EU. The only problem will arise if the ECJ finds that UEFA are within their rights to restrict owner investment and our courts find this perverse and reject it. The English courts will protect the right of an English club/business not to be excluded from a market if they had not violated English law. They would lack the means to enforce the decision of our courts but could apply the sanction of refusing other English clubs access to that market while City were denied access. How successful this would be is impossible to say but it would ensure City the only protection the courts could give. It is a highly unlikely scenario in the extreme and I'm sure City will prevail in whichever courts we choose to pursue the matter but in the most extreme and unimaginable eventuality we can ensure that if we are banned the English branch of the cartel will lose more than we do.

Are you really blaming the EU for the current situation in relation to Covid have you no shame ?

You clearly do not understand how the EU works that’s for sure

The EU works by consent it only has power competency where the member states have consented to it taking control power from them there is no EU NHs to fight Covid which came from China

That being said they have diverted money from structural funds to fight Covid the European Central Bank (ECB) has initiated rate cuts and Quantitive Easing to prop up the economy The EU has a medical procurement system specifically because of the crisis it did not exist before that’s getting more equipment at reduced rates due to economies of scale we rejected an offer to be a part of this They offered us a place despite not actually being an EU member and despite us treating them like shit for the last 40 years and claim to have lost the email The EU will relax it’s spending rules for the Euro area once this is over

Germany and other EU member states have offered to fly our citizens home from countries they are stranded in but again we refused because some people are still fighting the Second World War

Germany has taken sick people from France Italy Spain

a couple of countries hold all the power ? Really who would they be ? France Germany ? How about us with all our opt outs rebates etc ? how about how about those countries that have opted out of the Euro ? How about the Eastern block that stopped the EU refugee policy ? Or how about Greece that was able to keep getting bailed out and changed terms ? Just face it you do not have a clue about the EU

O and how is Brexit going ? Got spanked in the first phase of negotiations the government do not understand the second phase or if they do they are denying us honest of how it will go the transition will almost certainly be extended due to Covid

Anyway back to the football UEFA have to follow EU and Swiss law so the idea that you just have to accept their rules is just rubbish
Yes, that’s right. I clearly said Covid-19 is the EU’s fault. Or maybe I said desperate citizens of Italy feel abandoned and are burning the EU flag. I can link the videos to back it up if you like, but I suspect your not interested and just want to fight a battle that has already been lost. I lost interest in the rest of your post after your total misrepresentation of what I said. You are the one who has no shame. If you don’t like it, take it up with the people of Italy. I don’t care, we’re leaving.

Yes, that’s right. I clearly said Covid-19 is the EU’s fault. Or maybe I said desperate citizens of Italy feel abandoned and are burning the EU flag. I can link the videos to back it up if you like, but I suspect your not interested and just want to fight a battle that has already been lost. I lost interest in the rest of your post after your total misrepresentation of what I said. You are the one who has no shame. If you don’t like it, take it up with the people of Italy. I don’t care, we’re leaving.
The most incoherent and bizarre post I have ever read.

How do you post a video on here if you haven’t got a url...it’s not a music one, honest it’s from the BBC News which is about COVID-19, but a part of it certainly pertains to UEFA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.