Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

I think he and 1894 have been lobbying behind the scenes to get a fair / good outcome for fans. I am only going off a couple of posts I’ve seen on social media and I don’t know the details.

I do think it’s fair. There’s also a lot of fans who will be getting refunds for games they probably wouldn’t have gone to. For example, there were at least 10k of season card holders who didn’t / couldn’t make the rearranged West Ham game. I think it would have been a similar situation for the rearranged Arsenal game but the likelihood is that season card holders will get refunded now.

It would be nice to hear their stance as there is a lot of disgruntlement across all social media. I think the email at 8pm the night before was a bit crude.

I think its all but certain that the 19/20 season - with fans in the stadiums wont happen - they could play the games behind the scenes but it will closer to July/August. I think the fear factor and the fallout of people attending mass events will be a felt for at least the rest of 2020 across sport and music, even flights.

£160 came out of my account overnight along with my car payments, phone and road tax - bit crap but im still WFH full time so i can manage. I have Completely cut back on other parts of my life at the moment like coffees, dinners out so saving money with on food shops and DDs coming out! I expect to see this football money back or at least off next seasons ticket.

It would be nice to hear their stance as there is a lot of disgruntlement across all social media. I think the email at 8pm the night before was a bit crude.

I think its all but certain that the 19/20 season - with fans in the stadiums wont happen - they could play the games behind the scenes but it will closer to July/August. I think the fear factor and the fallout of people attending mass events will be a felt for at least the rest of 2020 across sport and music, even flights.

£160 came out of my account overnight along with my car payments, phone and road tax - bit crap but im still WFH full time so i can manage. I have Completely cut back on other parts of my life at the moment like coffees, dinners out so saving money with on food shops and DDs coming out! I expect to see this football money back or at least off next seasons ticket.

My income has gone through the floor too. I’ve not had a drink in 3 weeks that must be my longest abstinence for 15 years. I have some savings but if I can’t afford a season card next season I will just have to get along to the odd game where I can.

I don’t think Kevin will be happy with the lack of communication from the Club up until now but I’m just guessing at that.

I agree with this. Some players have made generous gestures but a hell of a lot appear to have gone missing. It should be automatic that players everywhere take big pay cuts so the money can go to less well paid workers at clubs or to vunerable people in the community. PFA boss Gordon Taylor seems more bothered by players' contracts. I think this crisis is a day of reckoning for football and so far the game has been found wanting.

Godon Taylor and Daniel Levy are probably on the WhattsApp Cockroaches Group.

Personally I'm lucky enough to be able to pay outright for my ticket each year, but I really couldn't be more appalled at the club that they are making people pay for games that there is no chance that they will ever see.

I also noted in the letter that they didn't rule out renewing season tickets before this is all over, that for me would be the last straw, we haven't had a home game since mid-Feb and they want us to pay for tickets for next year without paying us back for the games we missed this season, sorry no....

due to insanely large outgoings this last month and helping friends out, I maxed my overdraft out - and just had a text from HSBC. Bye bye seasoncard? How maky strikes do you get? This will be my second. All this just to watch football in 2021... because it won't be back by Autumn.

due to insanely large outgoings this last month and helping friends out, I maxed my overdraft out - and just had a text from HSBC. Bye bye seasoncard? How maky strikes do you get? This will be my second. All this just to watch football in 2021... because it won't be back by Autumn.
Under normal conditions it's 3 and out but no idea with this happening now

Personally I'm lucky enough to be able to pay outright for my ticket each year, but I really couldn't be more appalled at the club that they are making people pay for games that there is no chance that they will ever see.

I also noted in the letter that they didn't rule out renewing season tickets before this is all over, that for me would be the last straw, we haven't had a home game since mid-Feb and they want us to pay for tickets for next year without paying us back for the games we missed this season, sorry no....

From what I can gather browsing other forums it's seems like charging for this round of DD's was unavoidable. Clubs with traditionally good community relationships like Leicester, Brighton and Everton have all gone ahead with the DD but with the caveat they will refund prorata if unplayed or behind closed doors and also extend deadlines for next seasons early bird offers.

Reading between the lines and especially that MEN piece a few pages back it looks like City will end up doing the exact same as all other clubs, they will just do it in a manner that make them look like dickheads.

From what I can gather browsing other forums it's seems like charging for this round of DD's was unavoidable. Clubs with traditionally good community relationships like Leicester, Brighton and Everton have all gone ahead with the DD but with the caveat they will refund prorata if unplayed or behind closed doors and also extend deadlines for next seasons early bird offers.

Reading between the lines and especially that MEN piece a few pages back it looks like City will end up doing the exact same as all other clubs, they will just do it in a manner that make them look like dickheads.

This is exactly it. As per usual City manage to drop a total PR bollock which was completely avoidable. Similar to last weeks delayed announcement about casual staff being paid, where they managed to ensure several days on negative press before their announcement put a stop to it.

I would be really interested to see what other clubs are doing.

I don’t actually have a massive issue with them taking the money. As it currently stands the, albeit ridiculous, plan is that football will restart on 30th April. They may want everyone on parity before issuing refunds.

I do have a major issue with their lack of communication and sticking it at the bottom of a long email. People are worried and they can’t be arsed taking that into account. They should have clearly communicated what was going to happen and told people their SC wouldn’t be cancelled if they couldn’t pay. As others have said, every other company I have ever engaged with have sent me similar comms. So why can’t City?

I take what your saying onboard but..... we haven't played a game in a month and a half its been 2 weeks since the season was put "on hold" the excuse in the letter was "so you will be able to return to games as soon as the season starts again" seriously? is there anyone that thinks we will see any games with fans again this season? and even if that did happen its not going to happen overnight its going to be weeks in the making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.