COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing. It's not shocking, unfortunately. Really hope the time we wasted on the bullshit herd immunity doesn't bite us on the ass.
And the treating of that final Friday night of pubs being open as if it were NYE with a bank holiday weekend bolted onto it has not yet been reflected in these numbers. Depressing.

Money,realistic outcome of treatment,distress to the patients of being away from their home/care home, also the hospitals are full of elderly people who have nowhere else to go and are taking a bed when they don't need it,it is called bed blocking,this is not a new thing,it has always happened,i can understand why that can't be allowed to happen at this time,i am hesitant to accept this blanket 75yr old cut off without seeing it for myself
Thanks Karen my daughter worked for some years at Leeds University Hospital as a Midwife and she complained of the same problem about bed blocking with many of her younger child bearing customers who simply preferred to stay in hospital. They knew every trick in the book to stay with alcohol and drug dependency the root cause of their lifestyle.
Dare I say it is not only the elderly who block beds.

That's the thing. It's not shocking, unfortunately. Really hope the time we wasted on the bullshit herd immunity doesn't bite us on the ass.

it’s shocking to me mate. It doesn’t mean it won’t get worse. It will in the short term.

I read this yesterday and it's still bothering me today. Why are these scrummy little cunts spitting at you?
I wasn't there (it was my colleagues) but I think it was random spitting rather than targeted. They waited for the tram to pull in and started spitting as people were about to get off. Driver didn't open the doors though and they dispersed when he said he was calling the police.

So what were you doing mingling with such filth as a villa fan
we had to walk through loads of them outside their pubs,it was a scrum and the police wouldn't let us walk around the outside of them,i also was waiting in dominos after having a chat with a few who were in the same hotel as me,i didn't snog any of them lol

Thanks Karen my daughter worked for some years at Leeds University Hospital as a Midwife and she complained of the same problem about bed blocking with many of her younger child bearing customers who simply preferred to stay in hospital. They knew every trick in the book to stay with alcohol and drug dependency the root cause of their lifestyle.
Dare I say it is not only the elderly who block beds.
Good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.