COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we end up tracking numbers similar to Italy and Spain then it's simply not good enough given the head start we had. We had so much time to get this lockdown going.
But we aren't at the moment and even if we had a head start the virus doesn't play to the same rules. What's madness is the number of the general public just ambling around in groups. Stay at home for a few weeks and we will have this thing under some sort of control, it isn't difficult to understand surely. We will be like this until end of April, at least I guess and then we may see some relaxation of sorts. If anything London needs a more severe lockdown. Will get worse before it gets better

But we aren't at the moment and even if we had a head start the virus doesn't play to the same rules. What's madness is the number of the general public just ambling around in groups. Stay at home for a few weeks and we will have this thing under some sort of control, it isn't difficult to understand surely. We will be like this until end of April, at least I guess and then we may see some relaxation of sorts. If anything London needs a more severe lockdown. Will get worse before it gets better

That's why I said *if*... and the government could clearly do something about the public walking around if they wanted to, but they're not doing it. That's their decision and its entirely on them.

That's why I said *if*... and the government could clearly do something about the public walking around if they wanted to, but they're not doing it. That's their decision and its entirely on them.
People are choosing to ignore government instructions. If they enforced a more severe lockdown it just wouldn't be practicable would it. Why does my next door neighbour's boy who is 20 keep going out each day in his car for about an hour or two as it isn't for shopping and it isn't for work. No reason for him and both his parents to keep going out every day yet they do. Multiply that by thousands more ignoring what the vast majority of the country is doing and there's the problem

Chin up boys and girls. Too late to do anything about two weeks ago, inquiries will have to wait. Let's just hope no-one is in any doubt as to how much responsibility each one of us has going forward. I wonder if more measures are incoming. Stay positive, healthy, and supportive.

If we end up tracking numbers similar to Italy and Spain then it's simply not good enough given the head start we had. We had so much time to get this lockdown going.

I get what your saying, but even with a stricter lockdown, I’m not sure it would have made a huge difference. It might have slowed down infections, but deaths would have been unavoidable.

of course I’m not a scientist though so I don’t really know. Just basing it on Italy and Spain who have very strict measures in place

This is going to go on for a long time. We’re at the very very beginning and the end is no where near in sight.

We won’t be back to ‘normal’ life even this time next year imo.

It’s fucking awful.

Having been in Aldi earlier I can report that rip-off Britain is sadly alive and well. Loads of items up 10-15% since I was last in 10 days ago, blatant profiteering when so many have less to spend. Apparently other supermarkets have been doing the same.

I hope the increase in the infection rate shown as 4.3k is down to increased testing because the 24hr acceleration there is of real concern.

People are choosing to ignore government instructions. If they enforced a more severe lockdown it just wouldn't be practicable would it. Why does my next door neighbour's boy who is 20 keep going out each day in his car for about an hour or two as it isn't for shopping and it isn't for work. No reason for him and both his parents to keep going out every day yet they do. Multiply that by thousands more ignoring what the vast majority of the country is doing and there's the problem

Because it's a wishy washy lock down with a gazillion exceptions. Many think they can get away with it because they can just say they're going to the shops or it's their one exercise per day. We're still in a world where far too many think it's hype or won't affect them. If it was a full lock down with army on the streets and stricter punishments you might just find a lot more people adhering to the 'rules'.

Got a mate stuck in Vietnam, just read a lengthy post from him on FB about how he's now having difficulty getting basic supplies as people don't want to sell to him. They're blaming westerners for not taking it seriously, having never taken it seriously and are the reason it's still happenening. I'm guessing his remaining time could get a little grim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.