United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you suggesting he will win trophies at the Rags ? Oh and the awkward silence will be broken by 'it's not always about winning trophies it's about putting food on the table, pass the caviar please'
I,m suggesting the lad will want a move....and if you think any footballer will be dining on cavier after the current global financial (not medical...thats a distraction tactic) crisis id suggest your thinking is clouded in Mist..;)

I must say I'm concerned at the effect the current crisis might have on the Glazer business empire.

Should their businesses become so distressed they might decide to cash in on Utd which would be such a shame as they have been ideal owners.

every fucking day a united story ? and they are signing this player and that player and the premier league are going to host a mini league that united will be involved with ?? 20 teams in the premier league all in the same boat but never make the news BBC skysports BT-sport hang your heads in shame

please stop taking it up the backside by united and writing crap that nobody cares about right now. and united are not even in the top 4 clubs and only the other week was 10th and asking questions about OGS should be sacked

I must say I'm concerned at the effect the current crisis might have on the Glazer business empire.

Should their businesses become so distressed they might decide to cash in on Utd which would be such a shame as they have been ideal owners.

Tampa Bay have signed Tom Brady in the US - he's a big name, but old, QB who's contrat had run out at the Patriots. As a free agent he was entitled to go anywhere and take the biggest pile of cash offered. The word is he will pick up $30mil for the next season. That to me is $30mil wasted as he will be there for 1 or 2 seasons max and they will not beat the Saints to win their division.

So they still have cash to waste it seems.

Tampa Bay have signed Tom Brady in the US - he's a big name, but old, QB who's contrat had run out at the Patriots. As a free agent he was entitled to go anywhere and take the biggest pile of cash offered. The word is he will pick up $30mil for the next season. That to me is $30mil wasted as he will be there for 1 or 2 seasons max and they will not beat the Saints to win their division.

They don't chase on-field success, unless it's to get ECL place with TV money.

Brady is a NFL superstar bringing commercial benefits from businesses wanting to be associated.

Would be like getting a 35 year old Messi on a free. Shirt sales that'd be peanuts. Big money in sponsorship.

There is a lot of pain ahead for the US thanks to Dumb Donald and shopping malls don’t look like good business right now.

But let’s hope your right and they keep hold of Utd.

I think that's an unfair assessment. They had a QB who threw 30 interceptions and still went 7-9 which would not be possible without a very good supporting cast. They had one of the best run defences in history, which they've re-signed, and their pass defence was only bad because Winston turned the ball over so much that they faced more passing attempts than anyone else by a mile.

They've got arguably the best pair of WRs in the NFL for Brady to throw to, and supposedly every free agent or player looking for a trade is now interested in getting to Tampa to play with Brady so they might even pick up a few more big name players, they've got about 15m in cap space still. There's also no income tax in Florida which gives them a massive financial advantage.

Brady is also the biggest name in football, maybe the only worldwide household name, so signing him will undoubtedly bring in a ton of revenue from corporate and sponsorships.

With the superbowl coming up in Tampa and the new expanded playoffs I think it's a good move. No one really knows what Brady is going to be like outside of NE but he doesn't have to be much better than one of the most calamitous QBs in history to get them into the playoffs.

It's a well worked out plan, even if it is quite short term, that's what the NFL is about these days. I doubt any Glazer had anything to do with it.

I think that's an unfair assessment. They had a QB who threw 30 interceptions and still went 7-9 which would not be possible without a very good supporting cast. They had one of the best run defences in history, which they've re-signed, and their pass defence was only bad because Winston turned the ball over so much that they faced more passing attempts than anyone else by a mile.

They've got arguably the best pair of WRs in the NFL for Brady to throw to, and supposedly every free agent or player looking for a trade is now interested in getting to Tampa to play with Brady so they might even pick up a few more big name players, they've got about 15m in cap space still. There's also no income tax in Florida which gives them a massive financial advantage.

Brady is also the biggest name in football, maybe the only worldwide household name, so signing him will undoubtedly bring in a ton of revenue from corporate and sponsorships.

With the superbowl coming up in Tampa and the new expanded playoffs I think it's a good move. No one really knows what Brady is going to be like outside of NE but he doesn't have to be much better than one of the most calamitous QBs in history to get them into the playoffs.

It's a well worked out plan, even if it is quite short term, that's what the NFL is about these days. I doubt any Glazer had anything to do with it.
This is all very well and good, but, nytid are SCUM!

All NFL franchises receive the same income - and a salary cap to work within - regardless of success. It won’t be the Glazers' own money that the Buccaneers are spending on Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.