UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our club,and many others too, had survived 2 World Wars and for nearly 100 years before the 1st TV contract was signed in 1992. It did so on a combination of local businesses sponsorship and match attending fans paying hard earned money to fund their weekly release from life in Manchester's industrial drudgery.

That TV contract and the formation of the FA Premiership (as it was then) was, although we didn't realise at the time, the day we lost our football club forever. A generation on, we now have a bunch of faceless greedy individuals peddling an idea that our team playing games in empty stadiums in the Midlands is an acceptable way forward, as it allows them to fully milk every drop of what was Manchester City to global paying TV audiences, amid the backdrop of the greatest world health crisis in over 100 years! Now just think about that for a second... these media moguls don't seem even slightly concerned that the very lifeblood which kept these clubs alive for their first 100 years, the fans, will play absolutely no part of their current plans for Manchester City as long as they can continue to feed their snouts!

In truth, this has been a slow growing cancer, but now even the most ardent modernist fan must be starting to realise the whole scheme of how football is being run is a f#$king sham and that for too long we have been willing to waste our time providing a colourful backdrop to the televised matches.

Well now it seems that when it comes to money, empty stadiums will do just fine. Well that's fine by me too, and I can hand on heart say that I will never attend another game if my club collude in this farce and condone the action of finishing this season in this absolutely farcical manner.

Our club,and many others too, had survived 2 World Wars and for nearly 100 years before the 1st TV contract was signed in 1992. It did so on a combination of local businesses sponsorship and match attending fans paying hard earned money to fund their weekly release from life in Manchester's industrial drudgery.

That TV contract and the formation of the FA Premiership (as it was then) was, although we didn't realise at the time, the day we lost our football club forever. A generation on, we now have a bunch of faceless greedy individuals peddling an idea that our team playing games in empty stadiums in the Midlands is an acceptable way forward, as it allows them to fully milk every drop of what was Manchester City to global paying TV audiences, amid the backdrop of the greatest world health crisis in over 100 years! Now just think about that for a second... these media moguls don't seem even slightly concerned that the very lifeblood which kept these clubs alive for their first 100 years, the fans, will play absolutely no part of their current plans for Manchester City as long as they can continue to feed their snouts!

In truth, this has been a slow growing cancer, but now even the most ardent modernist fan must be starting to realise the whole scheme of how football is being run is a f#$king sham and that for too long we have been willing to waste our time providing a colourful backdrop to the televised matches.

Well now it seems that when it comes to money, empty stadiums will do just fine. Well that's fine by me too, and I can hand on heart say that I will never attend another game if my club collude in this farce and condone the action of finishing this season in this absolutely farcical manner.
"Like" does not do your post justice.

This thread and the pinned one about whether the league will ever be finished or not are highlighting all that is wrong with football. A game that I have loved for nigh on 55 years is being ruined by greed. I have never minded the fact that footballers are paid a weekly wage far in excess of the average mans yearly wage and I still don't object if they insist on receiving it.
What I do object to is the way the likes of The FA cannot, no, will not abandon the F A Cup purely because they need the money.
Likewise Uefa could abandon the Champs League, I am sure they could come to a deal with the tv companies but sheer wanton greed stops them. 500+ people died today in the UK alone from Covid 19 and yet these gangsters insist the 2019/20 competition will be finished.
Sadly the game I knew and oved is dying before my eyes.

Will you be renewing your season ticket or are you going to fuck it off

This thread and the pinned one about whether the league will ever be finished or not are highlighting all that is wrong with football. A game that I have loved for nigh on 55 years is being ruined by greed. I have never minded the fact that footballers are paid a weekly wage far in excess of the average mans yearly wage and I still don't object if they insist on receiving it.
What I do object to is the way the likes of The FA cannot, no, will not abandon the F A Cup purely because they need the money.
Likewise Uefa could abandon the Champs League, I am sure they could come to a deal with the tv companies but sheer wanton greed stops them. 500+ people died today in the UK alone from Covid 19 and yet these gangsters insist the 2019/20 competition will be finished.
Sadly the game I knew and oved is dying before my eyes.
They couldn’t give two fucks if the numbers ran into thousands every day for the next 3-4 months ( God forbid) they’d still not move from the position of wanting the league,fa cup or champions league completed,their avarice knows no bounds ..

Ok so your not blaming the EU for Covid So what are you doing ? Suggesting they should more ? If so what ? I have shown what they have done and its considerable but you stopped reading it because you think I am biased but You not reading it shows more bias As for this evidence of people turning on the EU you claim some video and some people I have spoken to claim some anecdotally claim people are turning on the EU but no actual hard evidence but if if there is it does not really matter since as you pointed out we are leaving and as i pointed out its not going well (We caused an increase in support for the EU) and as I also pointed out there is not really anything else the EU can do legally and also its not like anyone else will actually leave. People have been suggesting countries will leave since the 2008 crisis only Britain has been stupid enough to try and its failed non of the other mentioned countries have actually done so

Anyway back to FFP unless we go for a very rubbish bare bones trade deal with the EU we will have to comply with their rules on competition and so will our version off FFP and so will UEFA FFP
"since as you pointed out we are leaving and as i pointed out its not going well "

It's doing what it said on the tin. Leaving.

Great post... and those media moguls that you mention are some of the most despicable people on the planet - so I for one are not slightly surprised by their agenda. This is a group of people that hacked the phone of a missing 13 year old school girl because they thought it was in the public interest!

Will you be renewing your season ticket or are you going to fuck it off

7 days ago I would have said that I would renew like I always have done. Now I honestly don't know. To see the list of clubs fined for the smallest of errors simply to keep nameless crooks in posh hotels and fancy cars, to see them desperately trying to play games just to keep the TV money sickens me. If they play out the 2019/20 season and the other two competitions I am pretty damn sure I will be sacking it.

7 days ago I would have said that I would renew like I always have done. Now I honestly don't know. To see the list of clubs fined for the smallest of errors simply to keep nameless crooks in posh hotels and fancy cars, to see them desperately trying to play games just to keep the TV money sickens me. If they play out the 2019/20 season and the other two competitions I am pretty damn sure I will be sacking it.

I’ll be joining you m8 pure greed

As you pointed out it’s not going well*

* In your opinion.

You are in a minority in that opinion. Unless of course I missed a landslide Lib Dem General Election win in December. In which case, unlike you, I will admit that I’m wrong.

You think it is ?

I have not met a single person who thinks it is going well. But unfortunately people blame the EU, civil servants, remainers, judges or something else rather than themselves and the leave politicians. Polls since the referendum have basically always shown a lead for remain but the remain vote was split. Then gave up and just wanted it over

I could give countless examples of it not going well Its measurable its not opinion and worse is yet to come we have only done the easy bit

Sums it up admirably. Do these ppl not realise that they are alienating the fans without whom (whether paying at the gate or for tv) there is no game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.