Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

ECB still planning on tests with or without spectators in early June. Morgan bigging up the general idea today.

With nothing else to watch they could make more money than the ticket sales - the Disney + channel had it to a tee for the UK market by happenstance.

Placing both the Champions League and Europa League on hold while domestic seasons are played out is one of the proposals being looked at by UEFA. [
@MailSport

Some Premier League clubs are understood not to be contemplating wage cuts or even deferrals as they have enough money to pay the players. Others are contemplating asking players to defer their wages while some are likely to try to agree cuts.

Premier League clubs, and in particular managers, will push to use up to five substitutes if they are forced to cram all their remaining games into a month, with fear of fatigue and injuries for the players. [
@MirrorFootball

VAR could be put on hold during the COVID-19 crisis. The VAR team is at least three people for each match all in a small room at Stockley Park, which could raise concerns over social distancing. [
@MirrorFootball

Hahahahaha there you have it,they don't care the players are playing a contact sport with gob everywhere but protect the official

I hope the players see that and tell them to stick it up their arsez

I have an idea,call the season over and concentrate on sorting out the legal stuff and put everyones health first
Dont be silly, Karen. This is football we are talking about. Being sensible and acting morally is not on the agenda.

The WHO guy just said in the next few days we will see a million people confirmed to have covid and 50,000 deaths,times that by any number we want as nobody knows but the football powers won't write off the season

The sad fact of the matter is that the very best case scenario here is that the UK peaks by the end of April, with another 6 - 8 weeks the other side before we even begin to think about how we are going to get out of this. America are probably another 4 - 8 weeks after that. If anyone's priority come July is rushing into a chucked together league then people will need their heads knocking together.

The only serious moral question I have for myself right now is if the boot was on the other foot, and I was a Liverpool fan, would I be wanting the league to be called off as much as I do as a city fan. I can't answer that, but I truly hope I would.

The sad fact of the matter is that the very best case scenario here is that the UK peaks by the end of April, with another 6 - 8 weeks the other side before we even begin to think about how we are going to get out of this. America are probably another 4 - 8 weeks after that. If anyone's priority come July is rushing into a chucked together league then people will need their heads knocking together.
i am thinking after what what our lady expert said about it being six months that there is no way anything hapens before end august time,even then who wants to risk the fans going back,that would be one way to find out who is immune and who has the virus still,an experiement to my mind,who is going to want to risk it,we still don't have the answers to immunity,we have to test our frontline staff which will take months and months at the rate we are going,this season is gone,shit happens and everyone has to suck it up

i am thinking after what what our lady expert said about it being six months that there is no way anything hapens before end august time,even then who wants to risk the fans going back,that would be one way to find out who is immune and who has the virus still,an experiement to my mind,who is going to want to risk it,we still don't have the answers to immunity,we have to test our frontline staff which will take months and months at the rate we are going,this season is gone,shit happens and everyone has to suck it up

Yep. Football will be one of the last things to come back, presumably. Cinemas, small gigs, and pubs before festivals and football. I'd be shocked if the next season starts on time, tbh.

The only serious moral question I have for myself right now is if the boot was on the other foot, and I was a Liverpool fan, would I be wanting the league to be called off as much as I do as a city fan. I can't answer that, but I truly hope I would.
The answer is probably no. I don't understand why so many are opposed to finishing the league if it safe to do so. It may not be and so be it but it may be the best option moving forward. Football behind closed doors is a non starter for me but if something approaching a full 2020 2021 season can not be fitted in finishing this one might be the best way out.

Placing both the Champions League and Europa League on hold while domestic seasons are played out is one of the proposals being looked at by UEFA. [
@MailSport

Some Premier League clubs are understood not to be contemplating wage cuts or even deferrals as they have enough money to pay the players. Others are contemplating asking players to defer their wages while some are likely to try to agree cuts.

Premier League clubs, and in particular managers, will push to use up to five substitutes if they are forced to cram all their remaining games into a month, with fear of fatigue and injuries for the players. [
@MirrorFootball

VAR could be put on hold during the COVID-19 crisis. The VAR team is at least three people for each match all in a small room at Stockley Park, which could raise concerns over social distancing. [
@MirrorFootball

Hahahahaha there you have it,they don't care the players are playing a contact sport with gob everywhere but protect the official

I hope the players see that and tell them to stick it up their arsez

I agree. Hahaha!!!!

Point by point....

1. If it’s safe to finish domestic leagues need to finish the European Cups too. Odd that one takes precedence over the other, why is that? Hmmmm.
2. What a worthless statement - so some clubs have finances in order while others don’t. Well no shit.
3. 5 subs? Why not! Let’s just change all the rules and play 14 to a side. And use two balls. As players tire no subs allowed. Would be survival of the fittest!
4. No VAR now? Well of course. Agent VAR has completed his mission.

I seriously didn’t think I could hate this season any more weeks ago before the virus impacted the sport. Special thanks to the powers-that-be that have collectively said “oh yeah, hold my beer”.

Classless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.