Most underrated player to play for city

Funny because at the time (I was about 15) I thought all three were really uninspiring signings, how wrong was I, three of the most influential signings the club have ever made imo, and it was quire a simple strategy really, good solid pro's, experience in every department, you're right, it was short, but a fantastic ride whilst it lasted.

I've told this story before, and I'll tell it again, because Edgy deserves that, and it shows just much he loved this club despite the totally unwarranted shit he took, but a friend of mine was out in town one night stood at the bar, turns round and Edgy is stood next to him, now my mate is a HUGE blue, but with a bit of a weird sense of humour, so goes "Aight Richard, you still playing for that shit team" ? Edgy was having none of it and was ready to take his coat off then and there, luckily my friend managed to get in quickly that he was a blue himself and just having a laugh and the whole thing took a different direction.

As fans, I always think we let this lad down, like we did with other players, players like Paul Power, Clive Wilson and Dave Bennett, lads who would have run through brick walls for the club, imagine as fans getting the chance they did, a dream come true playing for the club you supported, and making a mistake and your own fans turning on you to such an extent it actually left you psychologically damaged, always been a sense of shame for me this one, and no coincidence the above 3 went on to win major honours or have very good careers with other clubs.
Great post chum.

Funny because at the time (I was about 15) I thought all three were really uninspiring signings, how wrong was I, three of the most influential signings the club have ever made imo, and it was quire a simple strategy really, good solid pro's, experience in every department, you're right, it was short, but a fantastic ride whilst it lasted.

I've told this story before, and I'll tell it again, because Edgy deserves that, and it shows just much he loved this club despite the totally unwarranted shit he took, but a friend of mine was out in town one night stood at the bar, turns round and Edgy is stood next to him, now my mate is a HUGE blue, but with a bit of a weird sense of humour, so goes "Aight Richard, you still playing for that shit team" ? Edgy was having none of it and was ready to take his coat off then and there, luckily my friend managed to get in quickly that he was a blue himself and just having a laugh and the whole thing took a different direction.

As fans, I always think we let this lad down, like we did with other players, players like Paul Power, Clive Wilson and Dave Bennett, lads who would have run through brick walls for the club, imagine as fans getting the chance they did, a dream come true playing for the club you supported, and making a mistake and your own fans turning on you to such an extent it actually left you psychologically damaged, always been a sense of shame for me this one, and no coincidence the above 3 went on to win major honours or have very good careers with other clubs.
Bang.on.the.button.

Mine Road was packed for the LC semi against the dippers..

When Kevin scored, I was swallowed up in the crowd, when I resurfaced, the Dippers were on the attack and I had no idea that our 'goal' had been disallowed..

I thought we were winning for a good few minutes before it dawned on me we'd been fcuked over..!

Cheating ****'s then and diving, VAR assisted cheating ****' s now..!

Did you sing 'John Bond we love you' to the Grandma tune from the St Winnifrids school choir?

I did.. Ha!

For a short period back then, watching City was brilliant, until the wheels came off of course..

Still followed them all over but it took a while to recapture the sparkle..

We're not too bad now though..!
As an out of town Blue....i can,t tell you how much John Bond meant to me.
He ripped all the depression and ridicule to bits.3 Swift,smart signingsBang Bang Bang!! Hutch Bobby mac and Gerry Gow.all hardened professionals.they gave me life.City stopped losing.almost immediately..
We had a team.transformation.No longer the team anybody could take fhe piss out of.
God bless John Bond.....and Gerry Gow.City werent fragile anymore.Rejoice!

Tony Coton, to this day I will never understand how he wasn't England's first choice for years(let alone the fact he didn't win ANY caps), indeed for a three seasons I would say he was better than Peter Schmeichel
Apparently Coton says in his book that City would have owed Watford £1m if he played for England and City couldn’t afford it so Swales made it clear at the FA that he shouldn’t be considered.

Apparently Coton says in his book that City would have owed Watford £1m if he played for England and City couldn’t afford it so Swales made it clear at the FA that he shouldn’t be considered.
That wouldn't shock me there was something very odd about that at the time, the rumor was that there was some kind of issues with Taylor, but it wasn't something I ever believed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.