Perfectly cast roles in films

Sir Alec Guiness as Ben Kenobi ( Interestingly He thought it was an idiotic film but ended up making the most money of all the actors because he asked for a percentage of profits.)

Ian McKellan as Gandalf in LOTR

I thought it was a bit of a let down! Started off quite bouncy and full of life but fell away at the end and was a bit flat.!
Maybe you preferred the ice skate cast as the dentist? On the island, not helen hunt's new hubby Chris Noth, the dentist back home.

I think there are a lot of roles that people nailed so it's quite hard to think of another actor doing it, but in reality, if another actor was hired from the start, it would still be great. Heath Ledger made the Joker his own, but before that, people were saying no-one could top Jack Nicholson, and since then, Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix have both done good jobs with the character too.

For me, it's often comedy that doesn't work without a particular actor. Ace Ventura without Jim Carrey? Borat without Sasha Baron Cohen? The Pink Panther without Peter Sellers? They just wouldn't work (as Steve Martin found out).

I'd say the film that most sums up the idea of an actor that was meant for a role though is Bill Murray in Lost in Translation.

Midnight Run is IMO the most underrated comedy ever made. Everyone in it is fantastic.

And 24HPP is my favorite movie of all time. “30 grand for a FUCKING TABLE?!?!”
Yeh, agreed, Grodin in particular is brilliant. I still meet DeNiro fans who've never heard of it, madness!

24HPP is all over the place but it definitely captures the time, even if they do play fast and loose with the facts! Funny thing about the table and not in the film; Factory bought TWO tables and that's what Gretton kicked off about. I think both tables got broke as well. Wilson & Co really did model frivolous rather well...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.